Billie Joe Armstrong in Rehab - Comments

  • Raitoningu

    Raitoningu (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Man, this sucks. I love Green Day. I can understand why he'd be pissed off about only getting one minute, but his flipping out like that was rather rude to his band and the audience. And I was so looking forward to going to their next concert....which might not even happen now.
    October 18th, 2012 at 10:56pm
  • XxSaintJimmyxX

    XxSaintJimmyxX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    They say he might not be out until sometime after Christmas, it just depends on how fast he gets better or whatever. While I'm disappointed in him, he's still my hero and I pray for him to get better.
    October 13th, 2012 at 10:49pm
  • This.Useless.Heart.

    This.Useless.Heart. (115)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    Through-the-Night:
    This article seemed cut off or incomplete. I feel like you could add more.
    I was going to comment basically the same thing. This reads more like a blog post to me, not a well-thought out properly written article. I mean, you basically just reported, "Oh, hey, I read the title of another article saying Billie Joe's going to rehab." Instead, you could have explored the topic more in your own article and better (and more professionally) cited your source. Maybe you could even have gotten more sources.
    Frankly, this article doesn't provide any real information to anyone. It is only a prompt for them to do their own research on the subject.
    Sorry if I'm being too harsh. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I thought this all needed to be pointed out.
    October 5th, 2012 at 06:26am
  • Jenni

    Jenni (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    He needs to get help. He's not a kid anymore, he has two sons and a wife back at home, he can't be doing things like this. Hope he gets better.
    October 4th, 2012 at 05:25pm
  • EmzySuicide

    EmzySuicide (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    New Zealand
    @Red Dawn, it may have been an expensive item for you, but I am pretty sure Billie would have millions in the bank, and that the guitar is easily replaceable. Mr. Green

    It was a thing of the moment anyway. I laughed, I thought it was funny. So what if hes 40 something, he was cut short because IHeartRadio Festival was running late or something, they should of been more on time and the outbreak wouldn't of happened. Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone learns from them. That was just another lesson he will have to learn from Smile
    October 3rd, 2012 at 11:00pm
  • Sensual

    Sensual (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Ireland
    Just as a side note, Billie looked awefully thin at iheartradio festival. I know he has a thin figure, but geeze. I really hope the substance abuse isn't bad, but I say good luck to him. At least he's not denying he has a problem.
    October 3rd, 2012 at 05:56pm
  • Through-the-Night

    Through-the-Night (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    This article seemed cut off or incomplete. I feel like you could add more.
    September 30th, 2012 at 09:56pm
  • creeps

    creeps (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Quite frankly, I figured his outburst at iHeartRadio was a publicity stunt. I mean, a new album just came out and he just so happens to make plenty of headlines?
    September 30th, 2012 at 03:47pm
  • Careless Whisper.

    Careless Whisper. (310)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    @ born and raised. I realize it was partially due to substance abuse, because I have seen first hand how that sorta thing can affect behavior, but there's also a certain amount of responsibility that all adults have to take over their own actions. That was my point. Also, he hasn't himself confirmed it was drugs, so until he does, no one can be sure. Plus, as others have said, this sort of behavior isn't all that out of character for him.
    September 28th, 2012 at 10:44pm
  • waswritteninbl00d

    waswritteninbl00d (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I thought that his rant was really awesome, and he had every right. I'm so sick of talented musicians being pushed aside for the sake of glitzy pop acts. However, I feel like most people are going to look at it and say "Look at the crazy guy!" now that it's been announced he is going to rehab, rather than saying "Look, he has a really good point. That was really awesome!" In any case, I love Green Day and Billie Joe and will no matter what. My best wishes go out to all of them.
    September 28th, 2012 at 05:08am
  • inactiveaccount.

    inactiveaccount. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    99
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Billie Joe clearly needs a break and all that matters (in my opinion) is that he gets better.
    @Careless Whisper. if he's been taking drugs or drinking a lot than that 'hissy fit' may have been out of his control. I just think people should cut him a bit of slack and move on from the regrettable incident. We've all done our fair share of stupid things, I'm sure.
    September 27th, 2012 at 11:35pm
  • Careless Whisper.

    Careless Whisper. (310)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with @ Red Dawn.

    He's a forty-year-old husband and father, far too old to be throwing a hissy fit. I understand why he was upset, but the way he handled it wasn't the best.

    I do hope he gets better though.
    September 27th, 2012 at 04:20pm
  • folie a dru.

    folie a dru. (1270)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    I heard he might be drinking too much. Honestly, I thought the original incident was hilarious when I heard about it. But, yeah, I hope that he comes out on top like we all know he will!
    September 27th, 2012 at 02:27am
  • lozzieee who.

    lozzieee who. (610)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    As ScreamingNinja93 says, September's a tough month for Billie; as fans we all know that. There's a whole song about it. And with the panic and anxiety issues, he was a walking time bomb anyway, bless him. Twenty minutes is a lot of time for something to be cut down by. I know if I'd gone to a concert and they shaved it by twenty minutes, I'd be pissed. He had a very good point with his rant.

    However, as others have said, he probably could've handled it a bit better, more professionally and with a bit more maturity. If he is/was abusing a substance, his reaction was a little out of his control. But he's taking a break now, in whatever form that may be, and hopefully he'll be back on his feet and okay soon. He's a stellar bloke and has had a bit of a fuck up, and just needs his friends, family and fans to support his recovery/rest period right now, and it seems that that's what he's getting, which is a positive.

    Thanks for posting this article, it's nice to have different sides to the argument in the comments. I like that you didn't offer an opinion; it allowed readers to formulate their own and discuss it bluntly. Nicely written, with a good selection of quotes and even a bit of contextual information for readers to do what they will with. Nice job. :)
    September 26th, 2012 at 08:57pm
  • november rain;

    november rain; (315)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Malaysia
    He had every right to be mad. I don't think he was being immature about it because I mean really, 20 minutes is a lot and they've been in the industry for decades — they deserve a lot more respect than that. And I'm sure other celebs (especially those who actually care about their music and their fans) would've thrown a fit as well. Regardless of what the media says or whatever, I just hope he's alright.
    September 26th, 2012 at 06:24am
  • Nick.

    Nick. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    As far as I've read, Clear Channel was okay with his stunt. My only problem is they saw it as more of a stunt and not an actual fit of rage due to being cut off so early. "We thought it was a great move and we were along for the joke" (Clear Channel's John Sykes on Billboard) I dunno, they said it was symbolic of past rock stars and showed the pure essence of rock and roll, the punk rebel style, but at the same time, I still think it was really unfair. If they've been planning this festival shortly after the last one, couldn't they of had time to make sure that time slots were really clear and known before hand?

    Regardless, I'm glad that he showed that rage. They've been around a lot longer than a lot of the artists there, and it didn't do them any justice to cut them off like that. I think they could've at least let them play one more full song. Still, props to Billie for standing up for himself and the band, even if it was a bit much.
    September 26th, 2012 at 05:25am
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I think he had the right to be angry, but he could have went about it differently. There is no excuse for a man his age to throw a pissy fit. Life has it's moments when you have to shut the hell up and deal what you're given, he has A LOT. I have A LOT to complain about but I don't break expensive items and tell people to fuck off. I wish I could though, but I don't - so I think it might have something to do with his stress levels, he may not be able to handle a lot of stress so he blows up. I don't really agree with how he executed it...
    September 26th, 2012 at 04:29am
  • Arcane-Inamorata

    Arcane-Inamorata (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    Albania
    Wow, when I first heard this, I thought that like, they were cut short by a few seconds to a couple minutes. I was upset that Billie Joe threw such a huge tantrum over it. But cutting out twenty minutes of their set really is a jerk move. I'd be pissed too.
    September 26th, 2012 at 01:28am
  • peacemaker.

    peacemaker. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Billie had EVERY right to be pissed about what they pulled. If they had done that to Gaga or Brittany Spears, people would be RAGING and if they flipped out everyone would be on their side. I don't think it was a "meltdown". I think the guy obviously had a little too much to drink and was pissed. Shit happens. Whatever. I don't understand why Green Day got the 1 minute sign but Usher just got an okay. What a waste of money for the guys to haul their equipment out there and get flights. The whole night was a wreck on both parts.

    As for Billie gong to rehab...good luck, bud. I just saw him a week and a half ago at Irving plaza and it was one of the best nights of my life. It may not even be rehab, like everyone said, he may just be chillin at home. Adrienne tweeted saying that sometimes we just need to reset ourselves, so I'm glad he's finally getting it. Nobody pushes themselves like these guys do.
    September 25th, 2012 at 10:34pm
  • northern lights;

    northern lights; (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    aww that sucks :(
    September 25th, 2012 at 10:32pm