Billie Joe Armstrong in Rehab - Comments

  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    I saw the video last night and was like, "fuck yeah!" and then read the paper today and was like, "ohh..."
    September 25th, 2012 at 08:12pm
  • Modern.Sunshine

    Modern.Sunshine (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I heard something like this yesterday on twitter but I didn't quite get the whole story so thank you for this article. I hope Billie is doing better. It's shame that this had to happen ):
    September 25th, 2012 at 04:56pm
  • Sara_K

    Sara_K (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with Ghost? to a certain extent. I'm not tired of hearing about it because I care about Billie Joe, and I have most of my childhood. Hearing that he is having trouble with substance abuse concerns me, both as a fan, and as a person who has dealt with a family member who abused alcohol. Whether he has to go to rehab or not, it's a hard thing for a family to go through, and he deserves the support of his family and his fans.

    As far as the "meltdown," it wasn't a meltdown. It was Billie being Billie. I've been to a few Green Day shows, and that's just how he is, he rants. I was pissed, too, that their set got cut for the likes of Usher and Rhianna, who only lip sync to their music while they jump and dance around. Not worth 45 minutes. I don't think Billie has anything to apologize for. He has just as much right to express his opinion about it than anyone else. He just does it with a lot of swear words.

    I hope he's okay and I'm excited to see them back at it again.
    September 25th, 2012 at 04:33pm
  • FoolWithDreamss

    FoolWithDreamss (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Canada
    I'm not so sure Billie was ready to bring himself back into the spotlight. I think it's getting time to let Green Day die. Which is a sad thing to say, being someone who has been growing up on GD since birth, but if he can't control himself long enough to play a festival and deal with it when the plans change, it's time to let it go.

    I love Billie, Tre and Mike as if they were my own family, because in our household they might as well be, but I think we can survive with their old stuff for now, at the very least until he gets his shit together.
    But most likely forever.
    September 25th, 2012 at 02:35pm
  • ScreamingNinja93

    ScreamingNinja93 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Well, most people know that September can be a difficult month for Billie.

    Looking at the clip from iHeartRadio festival, no one there seemed all that motivated while the band were performing. The band have reassured that their set wasn't cut short, yet I beg to differ, if it set Billie off on his rant at the festival organisers and attendees. I feel that he has some truth to his words that he spoke.

    None of us know what the substance abuse is, as it could either be alcohol, drugs or both. Whatever it is, I do hope he does get better, as to me, he is one remarkable man, with a remarkable band.
    September 25th, 2012 at 01:42pm
  • DefiningCommonSense

    DefiningCommonSense (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    New Zealand
    To be honest, I agree with everyone that's saying Billie had every right to pissed. Its not only unfair and unprofessional to do this to the band, but it's unfair to those fans that came out to see Green Day.
    I think its great that he's showing his anger, I'm sure he's not the only one that was pissed; no matter what this "treatment" is, he didn't do anything wrong, he only exercised his right to free speech.
    I would have loved to see that first hand, and when I saw it on the news yesterday I was so proud to be a fan. Because it just shows you've got to stand up, even in a way like that, and its what green Day is about.
    These guys have been around for such a long time, and that they have deserves respect.
    Wink
    September 25th, 2012 at 12:36pm
  • ilovezackyvengeance

    ilovezackyvengeance (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Whatever circumstances are driving Billie to seek treatment; I sincerely wish the best for him and his family.

    I believe he had every right to flip out on iHeartRadio. Cutting Green Day's set short was extremely unfair and very unprofessional. I'd be enraged to; especially if I were in an iconic band who's been around for twenty-five years and has influenced many pop-punk/punk bands today. I salute him for standing up for himself and his band.
    September 25th, 2012 at 06:29am
  • Jewel Nicole

    Jewel Nicole (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    No one has said anything about rehab. They said he's "seeking treatment", that could just easily mean some counseling or something.
    September 25th, 2012 at 06:13am
  • recounts

    recounts (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    I wish a lot of people would stop being such assholes towards Billie Joe about it. Have some heart.

    I wish all the best for Billie and co., no matter what the truth of the matter is.
    September 25th, 2012 at 04:10am
  • Billie J. Armstrong

    Billie J. Armstrong (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    @ tempest.
    You don't have to agree with me, that's just my opinion. :)
    September 25th, 2012 at 03:44am
  • tempest.

    tempest. (180)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    @ Billie J. Armstrong
    Drugs do impair judgement, intelligence, and common sense. I'm not saying either way that I think or don't think that he was/is on drugs, but...just making that clearer.

    I can't agree that IHeartRadio and the media care enough to spend their time making Green Day look bad, lololol. That's seems illogical to me.

    --x

    He had a bad attitude and absolutely handled it very badly, childishly, and immaturely. I'm not saying this because I don't like Green Day as a band, but because I don't like people who can't respect and be an adult...even if plans change.. He obviously has an ego and a giant head and I'd point that out if it was even someone from a band that I enjoyed.
    Lol. Say that he had every right to it and that he was "using free speech" all you want, but I hope when I reach 40 that I'm grown-up enough to act my age and not flip off a camera and use "fuck" in every sentence and throw an absolute fit and smash a guitar and have an outrageous ego. He's been around since "fuckin' 1988"? Surely enough years to learn some manners and gain maturity.
    Again, how "punk". Rolling Eyes

    I have a question, would you all be defending Usher if it was the other way around? If they cut Usher's set for Green Day and Usher threw a fit? Hmmm.
    September 25th, 2012 at 03:41am
  • Billie J. Armstrong

    Billie J. Armstrong (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Ghost?:
    No one said anything about rehab. I personally don't believe he's in rehab. I think he's at home with his family, resting. The statement made was from the record label and in cahoots with Clear Channel, media motherfuckers. Billie did not personally apologize, which leads me to believe he is not sorry. And the statement did not say he was checking into rehab. He's still posted up pictures on Instagram, one just last night of his dog Cleo, it seems he's at home to me. This whole thing has been taken out of context to the point where it's just fucking ridiculous. I'm personally tired of hearing about it.
    I have to agree. And that apology that Green Day supposedly posted on their site was probably said by their manager and the record label. If Billie Joe had a freakin' "meltdown" he would've done so much worse than swear a lot and break his guitar. He's stated in earlier years of Green Day that he suffers from panic attacks/anxiety disorders--if he had a meltdown he would've probably been having a panic attack. The whole rehab thing is only a cover up and to be completely honest, I honestly don't think that Green Day could've cared if the record label covered for them. And Billie Joe wouldn't be stupid enough to abuse substances in front of his family. If he was (which he's not) he would've done it a long ass time ago. iHeartRadio and the media just want to give Green Day a bad name and make them appear as if they're on a downward spiral. And even if Billie Joe did/does have a substance abuse problem, he has enough common sense and intelligence to check himself in. Billie might've not finished high school, but he's certainly not a dumbass and knows his limits.
    September 25th, 2012 at 03:24am
  • youth and whiskey.

    youth and whiskey. (415)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Honestly, though it is understandable for him to be upset, I think that he was overreacting a little bit. I have to somewhat agree with @ tempest. Him saying that he's been around since "nineteen fucking eighty-eight" and implying that he deserved more time because of that was a bit much to me. I didn't witness this nor am I claiming to have seen it, but shit happens with scheduling. I doubt it was a personal vendetta against him and whoever is in charge of that was sitting there laughing evilly, twisting their mustache, and rubbing their hands together saying "HEHEHE, LETS CUT HIM OFF JUST TO PISS HIM OFF AND GIVE OTHER PEOPLE MORE TIME!"

    Call it shitty luck or what have you, but I don't think he should have reacted that way if he were in his right mind. That being said and if it is true that he's in rehab right now, I wish him the best of luck in his recovery.
    September 25th, 2012 at 03:24am
  • screammusic

    screammusic (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    At least he has to courage to go.
    September 25th, 2012 at 01:13am
  • NerdGlasses

    NerdGlasses (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    France
    If there really is anything going on, it's a drinking problem. Have you ever been backstage? I have and everyone who has, knows that people drink. A lot! Dressing rooms are always fully stocked with alcohol. So it's nothing out of the ordinary when someone's completely smashed on stage. It even happened to Elvis. Music and alcohol go hand in hand. Everything else, from the set being not cut short to the apology to rehab is a huge cover up to save his ass and future gigs and radio plays.
    September 25th, 2012 at 01:00am
  • Queen of the Clouds

    Queen of the Clouds (4955)

    :
    Admin
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    New Zealand
    I agree with the two people below. He had every right to be mad and probably would have been just as angry if he was clean of whatever he's been accused of being on. The media are twisting this story a lot.
    September 25th, 2012 at 12:42am
  • cherry kisses.

    cherry kisses. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    No one said anything about rehab. I personally don't believe he's in rehab. I think he's at home with his family, resting. The statement made was from the record label and in cahoots with Clear Channel, media motherfuckers. Billie did not personally apologize, which leads me to believe he is not sorry. And the statement did not say he was checking into rehab. He's still posted up pictures on Instagram, one just last night of his dog Cleo, it seems he's at home to me. This whole thing has been taken out of context to the point where it's just fucking ridiculous. I'm personally tired of hearing about it.
    September 24th, 2012 at 11:53pm
  • PoeticMess.

    PoeticMess. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I think he had every right to be mad. Sure it was heightened by the fact he was abusing "substances", but I'm sure he would've done sometime similar if he had been clean. And he definitely wouldn't have been okay with it. I was watching it stream live and I was very glad they he made it known that cutting their set was not okay.

    Mainstream music is no better than "Punk" and all the other genres that Green Day dabbles in. Mainstream music just appeals to more people's tastes. In my own opinion, Green Day is so much better than Usher (who came after them at the Festival) and GD is so much more worth listening to.

    I hope Billie gets better soon, though. He has a lot on his plate right now!
    September 24th, 2012 at 11:32pm
  • Nyctophilia.

    Nyctophilia. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    This makes me sad. But honestly, this just gives me no hope in music now a days. How can we ever interrupt Green Day like that! That irks me to the core, I'd be pissed off too if I was there in the audience! Poor Billie Joe, that is a legit melt down. I hope he gets the help he's seeking, hate to see a favorite musician of mine in a bad place. We're rooting for you, don't let the man keep you down!
    September 24th, 2012 at 11:17pm
  • Robin 'The Sidekick'

    Robin 'The Sidekick' (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Dominican Republic
    I love him but it's true. How can you give Rihanna (no disrespect) 45 minutes but Billie Joe freaking Armstrong one more minute? lol. He's the best. Hope he gets better though.
    September 24th, 2012 at 10:16pm