Jensen Ross Ackles

Jensen Ackles was born on March 1st, 1978, in Richardson, Texas. He was named Jensen after his parents heard the name Jensen when listening to the hymnal at their church. Jensen is the middle child, his older brother's name is Joshua, and his younger sister's name is Mackenzie. They are all of English, Scottish and Irish ancestry. He graduated from Dartmouth High School in Richardson, Texas in 1990. He planned to study sports medicine at a Texas Tech college, and did become a phsyical therapist before moving to LA to become an actor. Jensen Ackles wasn't the first in his family to break out into stardom. His father, Alan Ackles, was also an actor, who made appearances in shows like Walker, Texas Ranger and Dallas. Jensen and his father also worked together in the movie, Devour.

Jensen could be what you call a sports junkie. He loves watching all the major games, like basketball, and football. In high school, he even played for the lacrosse and baseball teams. Other than sports though, he also was in the theatre, and I think it's safe to say he was the only "jock" there.

Jensen didn't start out with acting though. He got his first modeling job at the age of two. After modeling off an on as a child though, he started to focus more on his acting career. He appeared in many guest roles on Sweetvalley High, Cybill, and Mr. Rhodes before joing the cast of Days Of Our Lives. He even won a Soap Opera's Digest award for Best Male Newcomer.

He left Days of Our Lives in 2000, and went on to work in the series Blonde, a show about the life of Marilyn Monroe. Jensen also auditioned for the role of Clark Kent in Smallville, but it went to actor Tom Welling instead. He didn't let that slow him down though, he went on to appear in the first season of Dark Angel, along side Jessica Alba. He played Ben/X5-493, who was the evil opposite of the main character Max/X5-452 (who was played by Alba). Even after his character died in the show, Ackles came back as a regular in the second season as his brother's twin, Alec/X5-494.

After Dark Angel, Jensen joined the Cast of Dawson's Creek, during the final season. He took the role of C.J., the lover of Jen Lindley. Jensen also went on to appear in episodes of Still Life for Fox, but they were never aired and it was quickly dropped. He also had a small part in the short film titled The Plight of Cownana, which he also directed. In 2004, he returned to Vancouver to become a regular again on Smallville, playing Jason Teague. He also had a lead role in the film Devour, with his dad, in 2005.

He then went on to play his most notable role, as Dean Winchester in the CW series, Supernatural, in 2005. It's no doubt that this show enlarged his fanbase. The show has gone to keep appearing on the CW well into 2013, with it's eighth season. In 2007, Jensen played the whacky, tattooed, pierced sweetheart, Boaz Priestly, in Ten Inch Hero. It was on this set that even met his current wife, Daneel Harris, who played Tish. Then, in 2009, he went on to play Tom Hanniger in the horror movie, My Bloody Valentine. After this movie, Jensen continued to play Dean Winchester, and even voice two characters, in two different video games, and voiced Dean Winchester in Supernatural: The Animation.

Where will Jensen's career lead him next? I can't say. But, we do know that the next step in Jensen's life will be a lot harder than fighting demons and monsters on a show. Jensen is going to be stepping up to the plate, and playing the hardest role of his life. A dad! When the couple appeared on the red carpet of the People's Choice Awards, Daneel was proudly showing off her small baby bump, and Jensen was super excited to talk about it!

Going from model, to actor, to father, people can't wait to see what Jensen plays next when Supernatural is done, and I can't wait to see how cute that baby comes out!

Latest articles