Austin Carlile: Arrested - Comments

  • Jefferson Starships

    Jefferson Starships (330)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    gothique4:
    Unless the other guy hit him first and he was defending himself, he has no right to go and hit him - besides it's illegal to assault someone. People say stupid shit all the time, and some people say stuff just to get a rise out of us. It doesn't give us the right to hit them how ever much we want to. Until all of the details come out it's no use defending him without the facts - he may be a nice guy but if he's hit him just for saying something he's had a brain fade and he has to accept the consequences.
    for your first scenario, that all depends. on what austin has to say, on what the victim has to say, who the judge thinks is right, and on Ohio state laws. Ohio might not even have self defense laws. ALSO Austin has the total right to hit someone if the person has caused infringement on his own rights, that too is possible. if not, then maybe he's got to "accept the consequences" but that does not mean that he's like one of those fucking stupid celebrities in Hollywood like Lohan. if he were to get a serious sentence (which won't even happen) that's what people will label him as and that's exactly what he's NOT.
    April 18th, 2013 at 01:23pm
  • gothique4

    gothique4 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    52
    Location:
    Australia
    Unless the other guy hit him first and he was defending himself, he has no right to go and hit him - besides it's illegal to assault someone. People say stupid shit all the time, and some people say stuff just to get a rise out of us. It doesn't give us the right to hit them how ever much we want to. Until all of the details come out it's no use defending him without the facts - he may be a nice guy but if he's hit him just for saying something he's had a brain fade and he has to accept the consequences.
    April 18th, 2013 at 11:21am
  • TurnTheLightsOff

    TurnTheLightsOff (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    Austin is a sweetheart. I have never gotten to meet him but my friend has. He cares about his fans a lot more than most famous people do, and that's amazing.
    Even if he went to jail, I am sure that he only punched the other guy because it was put upon him to do it. He wouldn't just punch someone for no apparent reason. I have so much respect for this man and it will live on.
    April 17th, 2013 at 10:19pm
  • niklitera

    niklitera (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Spain
    I wouldn't compare Austin to Ronnie. In my opinion, Austin is more of a sweet, talkative and emotional person while Ronnie just doesn't give a fuck anymore about anyone else - but we all have to admit that he is still resentful towards Escape the Fate or whatever the hell is left of that band (let's admit it, too, guys, EtF sucks now, all their songs sound the sam). Austin doesn't harbour any hatred while Ronnie does. They're friends, I think, and Ronnie wrote him a tweet or something.

    Anyway, I think Austin's amazing.
    April 17th, 2013 at 06:55pm
  • Jensen Ackles;

    Jensen Ackles; (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    Sweden
    I find it amazing that he's standing up for one of his fans, not many would do that, but that's not an excuse for hurting another person physically. It's illegal to hit someone even if the person have said disrespectful and awful things, it's still illegal.
    April 17th, 2013 at 06:29pm
  • teenjalex

    teenjalex (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    I'm friends with a friend of Katelyn's. We have talked about her a lot. Although I did not know her personally, I know from talking to my friend that she was a sweetheart. She was a strong advocate against bullying. My friend is doing a speech about her the 19th at an anti-bullying rally in Knoxville, TN.
    It really saddens me that Austin couldn't attend her funeral because he got arrested the day before. I love and appreciate Austin Carlile so much. He has personally saved my life more times than I can ever say.
    In a few months, I'm planning on getting my first tattoo. It's going to be "This is not what it is, only baby scars. I need your love like a boy needs his mother's side" because my mom died when I was 3, which is why I started cutting. I'm now 9 months clean because Of Mice & Men (and Pierce The Veil). It's the longest I've ever been clean and I owe it all to OM&M.
    No matter what, I will always look up to Austin. No matter what he does, because one bad thing shouldn't cancel a lifetime of good doing.
    April 16th, 2013 at 10:58pm
  • tigermilk

    tigermilk (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I'm not a fan of om&m but austin is an angel and I don't think he's the type to pick fights, and this is coming from someone who wasn't familiar with him until mid-march so goodness knows how his fans are feeling!
    April 16th, 2013 at 09:32pm
  • give me your heart

    give me your heart (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    Wow this article was just...wow! I couldn't believe that he got arrested.

    @Daughter Monster,
    UMM...First off the whole " I see another Ronnie Radke thing happening :/ " has NOTHING to do with Austin!
    Second, Ronnie only got arrested for fighting, and the only reason he fought was because the "Victim" wanted to fight. The victim died because he was shot NOT BY RONNIE!
    Third, I honestly believe that Austin had a reason...what ever it may be for fighting the so called "victim" even though the decision to fight was completely reckless. And Ronnie has learned from his mistakes, SOOO....yup! Do NOT compare Ronnie and Austin, they are two VERY different people, with two VERY different life stories.

    I love Austin Carlile, and OM&M
    I love Ronnie Radke, and Falling In Reverse.

    Both Austin AND Ronnie are good people, they have just made some mistakes...They are not perfect, they are human same as ALL of us!
    April 16th, 2013 at 09:00pm
  • The Dodger

    The Dodger (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I feel oddly honored that I got to see him live just before all of this ridiculousness happened.
    As far as the whole 'fight' incident, I know the shitheads that live here in Bowling Green. It's a party school town. My best guess is that some idiot at a bar made a snide comment about Of Mice & Men, or their fans, specifically Katelyn. Austin probably reacted the same way any normal person would and things escalated from there.
    He's not a criminal.
    He's human.
    April 16th, 2013 at 02:37am
  • youth and whiskey.

    youth and whiskey. (415)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Austin is a GOOD person. I saw OM&M at Warped Tour last summer and the tears he shed were not fake. I'm sorry, but not even the best of actors could have vulnerability like that. He told us how he was once where we stood at that very venue once. And now, we had hoisted him and his band up on to a main stage of Warped. He was very talkative with the crowd and just so emotional and thankful. When they played Second & Sebring - which is about Austin's mother obviously - he asked us all to get down on one knee and put our hands behind our backs until he told us to get up and get crazy. And we did. During the last part, we were back down on our knees and the whole stadium seemed to be quiet - even the people walking from place to place. We just sang quietly, beautifully, and united. We also watched Austin come to the front of the stage, sink down to his knees, and as he cried along with the fans, he talked about his mother and how beautiful of a crowd we were.

    He bled emotion that day. I think he's such a beautiful person. On Christmas he hung out with people who didn't have anyone to spend Christmas with. We need more Austin Carliles in this world.
    April 16th, 2013 at 01:58am
  • Make the Voices Stop

    Make the Voices Stop (125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I cannot agree with the first commenter. Austin is nothing like Ronnie. Austin is a really kind guy, and he definitely wouldn't attack someone without reason. I have some friends who were at that show. A few guys were thrown out before Of Mice & Men went on because they were drunk and starting fights with people. I think Austin deserves support, but I do hope they release the official story soon.

    Thank you for posting this article.
    April 16th, 2013 at 12:55am
  • harley is awkward.

    harley is awkward. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    Great article. Although there is no proof the rumor is true, I think this was very informative.
    April 16th, 2013 at 12:40am
  • Daughter Monster

    Daughter Monster (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I see another Ronnie Radke thing happening :/
    April 16th, 2013 at 12:07am