Why Women Want "The Rough Guys"

Why Women Want "The Rough Guys" Am I the only one to think its quite odd that we as women usually fall for the “Jokester” or the one to poke fun at us, or make us get attention? Even in the most negative of ways?

It’s shocking to think, that’s the reason so many women go into abusive relationships; I in my own ways have fallen for someone of this nature. He and I were once friends but then something just happened and now we are no longer friends. But in a weird way I have feelings for him and he practically abuses me emotionally.

Is it because women want attention? Is it because we would rather have negative attention than just be completely ignored altogether? Is it because you know that if you go unnoticed you will be unloved? These are the common fears it seems. There is nothing wrong with it. In no means at all. But there is something you could change. Think about it, would you want to be disrespected and abused and with someone who “loves” you or would you rather be alone, and happy but with no one to call your own.

It is a tricky question. You would want to be loved right! But you would also want to be happy. But there is one thing I don’t understand, you can be happy and alone, but there are so many women who don’t see that. You don’t need a man on your arm to be something special! You don’t! But the tricky part is getting people to realize you don’t need someone of the opposite or even the same sex to make you feel like you are an important person. You have that all on your own.

But that’s not the point of this little paper. My point is trying to help me get a better understanding of why we women and even teenage girls, go for the guys they know are going to destroy us? I mean love is love no matter how you spin it. But is there something about feeling controlled, feeling helpless that makes you feel good? IS THERE? I myself am a very headstrong person. I like to be myself and not take any ones shit. (sometimes) so is that the problem of me not comprehending this? I mean if I was in a relationship with the guy that I like, that I’m head over heels for, I know of course, he would wear the pants, but I wouldn’t let him call me names. Of course, jokingly maybe, but the constant brutal emotional assault no!

But is that why, to feel helpless? Do you want to feel controlled? Feel helpless? Or maybe it’s for the looks! Maybe he is a hot guy, or maybe he’s popular popular? He might even be rich and has a lot of money! But that’s not a good enough reason. You should love someone based on who they are and how they make you feel. Not on how well they look or how good they can I don’t see that as being “loved” or being “in love.” That just shows the guy he can control you, and he does have power over you.

Calling you names doesn’t mean he is head over heels for you either. Take it from me, when boys tease you when you are younger, saying, “You have cooties!” maybe then they like you. But that doesn’t mean that when they are older calling you “Slut, Whore, Bitch, Looser,” and all those other kinds of derogatory names. It just doesn’t make any sense to me. Your not being loved, your being objectified.

I mean there are so many things anymore that classify as “abuse” but sometimes it is just teasing, and sometimes its not, and sometimes it’s hard to tell.

But if he does anything you don’t want to do, it’s not a joke.

But, I am still drifting from the point. If you are still reading this, and you really are interested in what I have to say.

So, The evidence, isn't very clear to me right now. But maybe its clear to you. What do you think? You don't know? Think about it, because this little fact could be the difference between life and death.

Latest articles