Why Women Want "The Rough Guys" - Comments

  • I've had a 'relationship' like this. I knew he was bad. I knew it. I just couldn't help it...like a moth to a flame I was drawn in.

    He did horrible things but I stood up for him when people started shit about him.

    And he stabbed me in the back and it really hurt. I knew he wasn't the type of guy I should be with and it was no surprise what he did..but it still hurt.
    September 6th, 2008 at 08:05am
  • I've had friends who have said they enjoy the sensation of being "taken care of", and really do prefer to feel fragile and dainty in a relationship. I cannot fathom this. I respect myself too much to ever become a simpering damsel for male atttention. I am smart , and funny , and have zero desire to be *ahem* "controlled".
    June 15th, 2008 at 03:40pm
  • I'd rather be alone. Honestly, I don't need anyone; I'm the cheese ("and the cheese stands alone"). However, I must admit that having people to talk to is fun sometimes.

    Your question had something to do with women falling for abusive guys. I'm sorry but the women who fall for guys just because they show some form of attention to them are absolutely ridiculous. It's sort of like what Carlos Mencia said "*annoying imitation of female voice* 'Why are men asses, Carlos?' *him* 'Because when we were nice you wouldn't bone us.'"

    However, if two people love each other AND they like to argue.....Well that's something else altogether.
    June 11th, 2008 at 05:16am
  • i feel that since I have never been in a relationship, that I am less significant than other people, because I'm not attractive to guys, and my friends tease me all the time about never being kissed. But I would have to agree with you. I like guys that actually notice my existense, but lately they have all been guys who greeted me with looser, but at least after they said that they said 'how was that test?'...it makes you feel loved, even if you you are getting emotionally abused.
    March 19th, 2008 at 02:44am
  • This is a very good thing to be brought up. Personally, during the abusive relationships I've been in in the past, I don't think it was for attention. I only just started telling people about the abuse.
    March 5th, 2008 at 10:31pm
  • I'm not sure what the whole point of this article was, I was actually confused with your ramblings and drifting off topic. I was assuming we would get some answers as to why women end up with abusive men, but you seem to be just as confused as the reader. A few good points though about how women should be strong in relationships. I dated a guy who was very violent, and becuase I realized this later, I broke up with him. I guess what I had admired about him was his looks and adventurous attitude. But remember, girls should always be the one to wear the pants in the relationship! It just works better that way! ;)
    March 5th, 2008 at 10:27pm
  • this is a really good article, and even though you wouldnt have known this, its at the greatest time for me to have read it. really good points... all i have to decide is whether or not it applies. XD
    March 5th, 2008 at 02:56pm