Re-defined Hero?

Re-defined Hero? They walk amoung us. Some of them at least. Others, have passed onto the afterlife, leaving behind family, friends and people that look up to them. But when they do leave, they leave behind a mark; a mark that will live through the ages, and have people remembering them 20 years down the road.

Even if it's a certain song, melody, composition or guitar lick, it could make one person's heart skip a beat while remembering the memories. It doesn't take much to be a hero; but it takes a lot to be a legend.

Hero - a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal.

Legend
A person, who has made an impact on a society or history.

In today's society, it's hard for a teenager to find their spot. It’s also harder to find someone to look up too. So when we do turn our focuses on music, and find that certain performer that we call an ’Idol’, we’re thought of delusional or stuck in our head. Why is that?

Maybe it's because fame and fortune is to high to grasp for one's expectations. Also, it could be that it's all a fantasy. But it wasn't a fantasy; nor delusional for the heroes, legends and idols we all look up too. It was simply a dream. A dream, that everyone mostly has. But hardly anyone ever acts upon it.

How did those musicians become heroes? And how did those heroes become legends?

You can call it fate or destiny. But those people were the same type of person such as you and I. They weren't any different, just a simple person with a dream and determination. They knew what they wanted and set out for it.

People say it's all about the music, but you can tell the fake musicians from the passionate ones. The ones who are only in it for the fame and fortune, tend to run around bragging about their status as a ’Rock and Roll’ star, when in reality they’re nothing special, just another dude who can play a 6 stringed-22 fretted electric Gibson.

Guitar players, singers, bass players etc; who are passionate about what they do, mostly make it as legendary or iconic status. They’re the ones that make it into guitar world, or guitar legends. I say this because if you ever listened to a song that a guitar player composed such as Eruption by Eddie Van Halen, the guitar playing in this song is just utterly amazing. You could tell that he put a lot into composing that song, just like Goodbye to Romance by Ozzy Osbourne which the guitar is played by Randy Rhoads, and also Dee by Randy Rhoads. Both of those songs are strong with a beautiful melody and mind blowing guitar riffs. If you listened to the song, it's like the guitar was speaking out to the listener about Randy’s love towards his mother.

To the men that dedicate all their time and basically put their lives into the instruments, who come up with amazing guitar riffs, lyrics, bass and drum lines that make your jaw drop to the floor, who make the show complete when they hit that right note, and for those who come out playing with a smile on their faces; happy that they’re doing what they love to do.

Those people deserve to be noticed.

It doesn't take much to be a musician;
But it takes heart, and passion to be an amazing composer.

Latest articles