Teenagers Are Not Pieces of Meat - Comments

  • brndwnthedisco

    brndwnthedisco (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i have teachers who will sit there, bitching to the whole class about how much better we could do and how terrible we are and you know what? THEY DONT ANYTHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM, THEY ONLY GRIPE ABOUT IT! i totally agree with you.
    April 24th, 2008 at 02:57am
  • Time.For.Bullets.

    Time.For.Bullets. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i ttly agree with this!!!!

    y do they always wonder y kids are always dropping out!!!
    April 23rd, 2008 at 05:40pm
  • cooltoonist

    cooltoonist (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Good article.
    I agree completely.
    I wish that we teenagers would not be looked down as just minors, pieces of meat, robots, ungrateful disobedient brats but be acknowledged for our own ideas and opinions, strengths and weakness, and personalities that makes up a human.

    I'll like to clear out learning & school are two different things. Learning means to acquire knowledge which is a GOOD thing.

    As for school, school is like a teenager holocaust. You are believed into an illusion that being in school is a good thing because you're "learning". Teachers growl you, they grade your abilities, they test your knowledge with exams as if you were robots, they discipline you to things that is against your will, they force knowledge. And yet, lead to believe you're "learning". Then the result will be planting the most dangerous belief:

    Your happiness and success depends on your judgement of others.

    You call forcing knowledge and exams education? REAL learning is when the student is interested from heart but what does school do? They shove the knowledge down your throats.

    Even Albert Einstein knew there's a problem with school. As he said "The spirit of learning and creative thought is loss to strict schooling".

    Try harder? Your joking. I believe students gave it their best shot but poor them, they got bad mark and got rudely rubbed of as "didn't try hard enough". It seems like trying isn't valued anymore.

    School being part of life? When it comes to learning, yes but you sentence youth to a building for 18 years without bail? NO.

    Emotional abuse and self-denial is NOT normal part of growing up.

    Anyway, this post was spoken at the top of my head and I would like to wrap up by saying.

    Only you know what education is.
    April 22nd, 2008 at 12:23pm
  • sansa.

    sansa. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I agree. I agree totally.

    In my school, there's a list displayed of the top ten improvers every term. It's a nice idea, sure, but what about the kids at the top of the rankings? They can't move up 50 or so places in the list because they're number 5 or something. The kids from 10-1 aren't even mentioned. Not even to them.


    :/
    April 18th, 2008 at 11:42am
  • What about Forever?

    What about Forever? (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    at my school how it is, and I'm in all advanced classes, the kids only in there are pushed, the kids in regular classes aren't expected from nearly as much and when I go into a classroom like that I see why, the kids in there don't work generally, I'm not saying no kids do, but a good majority of them just don't care, so the teachers grom kinda dependant on the good kids, so I understand but is bullshit with the test scores and stuff, I have to work my ass off for the system and it does suck but I just decided to suck it up or I'll never make it in the real world
    April 16th, 2008 at 07:10am
  • Chocolate Biscuit

    Chocolate Biscuit (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Here, here!

    As someone who often experiences the pressure put onto students to do better and better, I can fully understand where your coming from.

    Although I do agree, it is very difficult to "fly outside the box." I personally wouldn't dream of not trying my best in a test to ensure that I have an achievable target next time. It would be great if we all had the confidence to do this, that way the problem would be solved.

    Great artical, you manage to put your opinion across but still allow for debate. Really well written!

    xx
    April 15th, 2008 at 06:37pm
  • mia bell.

    mia bell. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    100
    Location:
    Australia
    I love all the conflict and opinions this article is causing.

    Not for my own personal delusional pleasure, no nothing of the sort, but for the reason that this article has really touched some people and allowed them to think of their personal school lives and school related relationships on a deeper level.

    This article is truly amazing, the way you have written it and expressed the facts, your opinion and your emotions. Yet your point of view is quite debatable for some.

    The opinion portrayed in this article raises some fair and unfair points and I, myself, am unsure of where I stand.

    But, bravo, for being able to put such mesmerizing point our for teenagers to consider.

    ClicheLovers
    April 15th, 2008 at 08:40am
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Um, I completely diagree. You should try your best in school but if you fail just try harder the next time. And I hate to break this to you but it will be like this your whole life so stop complining and get used to it. I think everyone should love learning because it expands your mind, everyone should always try their hardest.
    Only an opinion.
    April 14th, 2008 at 01:05pm
  • BrionnaxROCKETSHIP

    BrionnaxROCKETSHIP (1000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    stellar.
    i applaud you.
    April 14th, 2008 at 04:48am
  • kernelatrox.

    kernelatrox. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This is a great article. I was thinking the exact same thing just a couple hours ago before I got onto Mibba. I recently got my cell phone taken away by my parents because I have a D in P.E. That's the only bad grade I've got, and it doesn't even go against my GPA. It's kind of stupid to me. Besides, I do more things than other people in my school do anyway. And it's not the end of the world just because I have a D in that class...
    April 14th, 2008 at 04:41am