Pornography: Friend or Foe? - Comments

  • Ivory.Howard

    Ivory.Howard (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Luxembourg
    I love masturbating to https://www.xxxbule.com/ porn! For me, it's a great way to explore my sexuality, satisfy my needs, and have a good time. It's also a great stress reliever and can help me relax in the moment. Plus, watching porn can be an amazing way to learn about new and interesting sexual activities. I'm also a big believer in taking responsibility for my own pleasure and finding safe and consensual ways to explore my sexual desires. Masturbating to porn can be a great way to do that. Porn can be a great tool for exploring my fantasies and exploring my own body. I'm grateful that I can watch porn safely and responsibly and enjoy it as part of my sexual expression.
    April 8th, 2023 at 03:28am
  • astro velvet.

    astro velvet. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    24
    Location:
    United States
    I think your article was well written! There were definitely a lot of valid points in there, that really had me thinking. Porn is a hit or miss. I had a respect for the people that work in the industry because that's something I'm not sure I could ever do lol. As I was reading your article, I was thinking about Sex Ed back in high school lol. I just am thinking that I wished my teacher called out porn for what it is, a fantasy. Luckily at my age, I already knew not to take porn seriously in the sense of comparing how I should have sex. But I think it should be expressed when you're teaching teenagers about sex, that what happens in porn is not the only way to have sex.

    I like that porn is diverse, in a way. There's something for everyone; kink-wise, if you're attracted to certain body types or ethnicities, roleplays, etc. But I think also since there is a certain body type and dick size that people are more prone to watching, it can be negative because it's not body positive and not inclusive of everyone.

    I think porn is nice in the way as a writer to have a visional reference if you're going to write smut, especially since smut in fanfiction is very much of a fantasy scenario. Especially since within fan fiction, it's almost like porn when it comes to smut because there are a lot of different categories and people write so many different kinks. I think in real life, porn is "sort of" a good reference to understand how sex works visually, but not so much how sex should be. Because not everyone wants to do anal, or to be choked, etc.
    April 18th, 2021 at 09:55pm
  • Stakley Nyange

    Stakley Nyange (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Uganda
    Smile
    November 2nd, 2016 at 12:27pm
  • Eat Me. Drink Me.

    Eat Me. Drink Me. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Australia
    Thanks so much to all of you! It's definitely a contentious issue and one that needs to be discussed way more than it is! I really appreciate your thoughts and comments :) I'm currently writing another article about how we can make porn ethical, will post it soon!
    October 5th, 2016 at 04:11pm
  • TVBook12

    TVBook12 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    24
    Location:
    Canada
    @ cleopatra.
    I couldn't agree more
    June 17th, 2016 at 02:31am
  • warmaiden

    warmaiden (6085)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2015
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    im so glad someone finally decided to take on an article that's based around porn.

    the opening of your article is so relatable in terms of feelings. i used to casually watch porn from a young age (pre-teens, probably eleven-ish?) & i always had that conflicted feeling where it was satisfying to a certain extent & immediately afterwards it was like: well, what the hell did i just watch & why was that so good?

    after maturing & sort of growing out of that phase, it was obvious then that porn in itself was fantasy & there was nothing wrong in curiously dabbing in it from time-to-time. to explore one's sexuality, to quench some form of curiosity—all of that in itself is okay as long as one remembers that it's not something that realistically happens behind closed doors.

    not all women have an hourglass shape or big breasts to appeal to a guy & in turn, not all men have penises that are abnormally large. i feel like this is where porn starts to take a turn for the worst in affecting people. i agree in the sense that sexual assaults that occur or are re-enacted from things they've seen from media could correlate w/ this, but like let evol in said, to fully blame such things on aggressive rape-fantasy porn is overdoing it.

    i think sex ed @ school's have to really hit these kids in hopes of getting them to differentiate between what's okay & what's not okay. a woman isn't some toy you can throw around like all those porno's we've all seen. in the moment those things get us hot & heavy, but afterwards it would be the farthest thing from acceptable. like all people, women are in need of respect; body, mind, soul, whatever. yes, porn stars (male/female) could find this empowering & that's cool on their part, but how the audience receives their work & how they perceive other women based on what they see on screen...well that's when we start having a problem w/ our youth (or the way it effects certain individuals across the board)

    this is a very interesting article & also something im glad was written. job well done on this. thanks for bringing up key points to the struggles of porn in society as well as its pro's & con's
    June 14th, 2016 at 02:23am
  • mr. twin sister

    mr. twin sister (100)

    :
    Ghoul of 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    People have such divided opinions/views on porn. I think a good point that was brought up in this was about boys being so used to what they see on the screen versus having actual experience with real life people. I've noticed that the majority of the boys I know who watch porn have too high of expectations when they actually find themselves in a real life situation.

    And I completely agree that putting all the blame of the countless sexual assaults on the aggressive, rape-fantasy porn men watch is a bit too much, I do see the correlation which is unfortunate and astounding. Sometimes I forgot how much people's actions are poorly based on media and the things they watch/listen to.

    I think, when used safely, porn could be used in relationships (with consent from both parties) and/or masturbation. Most people learn about their sexual fantasies/desires form porn and I think it could be a healthy tool to use as a buffer to start the conversation about it between two people.

    In terms of sexual empowerment and exploitation, I think the type of porn matters to depict weather or not porn helps or degrades women. For example, I think pornstars who are in sex work for fun instead of being forced into it make a difference because their personal messages usually are to help young women make good personal choices. Another example of positive porn would be queer porn/body posi. porn.
    June 2nd, 2016 at 10:25pm