Life Is A Pleasure...Otherwise It Wouldn't Be Worth Living

Life Is A Pleasure...Otherwise It Wouldn't Be Worth Living I think this fact is true, I think human existence is given to us and held on to only by us, I believe that if none of us enjoyed life that it would fade away into non existence.

Think about it; the main basic human need; food. We eat to keep ourselves alive, but if food tasted horrible would we eat it? I wouldn't. A certain pleasure is attached with eating food, the sensation of tasting rich, sweet, sour, flavours on our taste buds which make us savour our food yet it keeps us alive, if our food wasn't any of these things, unsavoury, not nice to eat, would we eat them? No.

Another thing we depend on: future generations, human sexual activity, completely essential for the human race to continue on earth. If every time you had intercourse, you had a sharp searing pain in your genitals or anywhere else for that matter would you have sex? I wouldn't. Another pleasure is attached with this, the human need for closeness and sexual intimacy. Yet if this wasn't experienced I'm not sure too many people would have intercourse, especially if their was pain attached.

Warmth, do you like being cold? Is there a reason we get sick when we are cold? Yes, there is, the human body should be warm, and with the feeling of warmth comes another feeling of self content, maybe even sleepiness, which leads to yet another human need of sleeping being a necessity to function correctly.

Self protection and the need to seek justice from higher powers and wrong doers. A person who beats a person, with just cause and prime reason, feels good in themselves for doing that, whether it be verbally or physically, their is an animal instinct in all of us to control our lives and beat the others, some are weaker than others yet the pleasure of winning is always something associated with smiling, laughing, celebrating (which usually involves drinking and eating, and then sleeping) all these things revolve around and these are just a few of our own needs ill list a few more and you can tell me how you feel their important.

  • Personal security from crime
  • Security against company lay-offs
  • Health and well-being
  • Safety net against accidents/illness and the adverse impacts
  • Friendship
  • Having a supportive and communicative family
  • Self-actualization
  • Trust
  • Spontaneity
  • Freedom
  • Honesty

Latest articles