Quitting, Turning Someone Else's Failure Into Your Determination

Quitting, Turning Someone Else's Failure Into Your Determination Quitting: people do it constantly. We strive, and then, we give up either because we’re tired, or just don’t care. There are a lot of people out there who quit. But instead of feeling sorry for those quitters, or anger towards them, you can learn from their mistakes. As a dedicated fanfiction reader, I favor several authors and also take note to review. But as I got an alert to a story, I was put under the impression that the story had been updated. Instead, I found a long, well thought out author’s note. I was put under the impression that she was quitting her writing. She was very talented and had quite the imagination, and I must admit that I envied her.

I say that it amazed me how someone so talented could quite so easily. It gave me a thought, though. I know, and take this in the in the least arrogant manner, that I do have talent (Please do not mistake that comment as arrogance). I was given it and I am proud to have it. But as I sorted out my thoughts, I realized that I would never quit. I would never just quit, I’d just keep going. But just giving up? - Yes, that is quitting. I wouldn’t just give up something so important to me, such as my writing. Perhaps I would even... To exceed the person you found yourself becoming disappointed with.

What would you consider quitting? Throwing something away and it would most likely result in some sort of expense. When you strive for something and throw something away - such as talent - that... That is quitting. Don’t people have reasons, though? There is no excuse for giving up. To stop with a reason is moving on and is not quitting. It is simply - as said - “moving on”.

But how will someone giving up drive me? When you’ve spent your entire life working for something, and to reach at a certain level with that, to give your entire soul into something, shouldn’t it mean anything? Shouldn’t it have sentimental value above all? And to throw such hard work, time, patience, and diligence away is absolutely ridiculous. But if you’ve just begun on a task, and you decide to quit while you’re behind, that is just as bad. I always tell my mother when she thinks the worst, “We are the Vikings. We’ve gone through worse; we can handle this”. What I mean is that we may only be human, but anything is achievable. You’ve just got to care. When you quit while you’re behind, that just means that you don’t care, and that you’re willing to give up what can be greatness. I agree that it takes hard work and yes, it will be difficult, but in the end, it will all be worth it.

But to see someone, throw it to the dogs, I think of how they will regret such a thing, and how bad of a mistake it is. And it only reminds me to keep going. That I can exceed them. I may be further away than they were at their stopping point, but they’ve stopped. Eventually, I will catch up, and I will surpass. Never should you quit, for it is a mistake. Saying, “Oh well,” won’t achieve your goal.

If you cared enough to begin something, shouldn’t you care enough to finish it? There was a reason there. And if you’ve lost it, then find a new reason. (Though, never should you forget your reason. Your subconscious has already quit for you.) So, now, I am determined and driven by her mistake. I plan to surpass her, and I plan to meet my goal. And I will.
Remember, life is life. It will give you many obstacles. And fate will guide you.

Latest articles