Hundreds of Californian Teachers Out of Job

Hundreds of Californian Teachers Out of Job Thanks to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, unemployed teachers scattered across the state must seek pay elsewhere. The instability of the budget presented Mister Schwarzenegger with two options: raising taxes or cutting the education budget. He chose to cut the students of California short.

With less teachers, more students than usual are forced to be enrolled in each class. The number of students could jump from 20 per class to 30 per class. With more students, teachers are less likely to have the time to help out those who need it. Students not understanding the lessons will most likely not get the help they deserve. Especially immigrants. How would they get caught up when their teacher's busy watching over all the other students?

Books, after-school programs, supplies etc will all have to be cut down. The quality of education would drastically drop. These students are the future of America. Nora Garcia, a Californian teacher, argues, The proposed budget cuts are anti-American. Our goal as a country is to move forward, but how are we going to stay No. 1 when we’re cutting off our children’s legs?

Schools are being closed. Teachers are being laid off. Supplies are limited. Bottom line: education in California is slowly going down the drain.

Latest articles