Obama Bans Green Clothing

Obama Bans Green Clothing On a trip to the Middle East, Senator Barack Obama, chosen candidate of the Democratic party, came up with a new rule: "Do not wear green". Is it just a distaste in the color? Or is it more deeper than that?

An Obama supporter told reporters that the color green represents Hamas and its people. Although the color green is used in Hamas flags, it does not signify anything other than green was their choice of color. Green does, however, represent the religeon of Islam and Muslims worldwide.

Muhammed Baazi, a journalism professor at NYU, says, "I guess green is the ‘Hamas color’ - but it's also the color of Islam".

Many Middle Easterners are puzzled by this fact, and some even, angered. “Why didn’t he also ban the use of yellow, which is Hezbollah’s color", asked Jeff Ballabon, a Republican consultant, who found this proposal very strange.

Richard Bulliet, a professor of Middle Eastern History at the Columbian University, says that green is the symbol of the Prophet Muhammed's household. He also states that this is a way for Obama to falsify the rumors that say he is of a Muslim Background. "I think they’re just being overcautious to a ridiculous degree,” Bulliet said.

Obama spokesman, Bill Burton says, “It was an informal document put together by people on the ground compiling info from a range of sources”, he said. “Some reporters on our trip had asked for advice on what to wear and so it was given to travelling press”.

Jen Psaki, another Obama spokesman said they wanted to be respectful. She also threw in suggestions as not to wear nail polish or tank tops for women.

Most Obama supporters and aides played the idea down and would not comment on this new rule.

Latest articles