Georgian - Russia Ceasefire

Georgian - Russia Ceasefire Peace talks in Russia and Georgia have finally lead to a ceasefire. Russia has made humiliating peace terms that they have imposed on Georgia. Although the terms verge on the ridiculous, Georgia has little choice but to agree.

Russian President Dmitri Medvedev has being quoted on calling Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili "a lunatic". He says: "The difference between lunatics and regular people is that when they smell blood it is very difficult to stop them. So we use surgery". Many other politicians say that the things Medvedev has said about the Georgian President oddly seem to reflect his own actions.

The key Russian demand is that Georgia withdraws peacekeepers from South Ossetia and Abkazia. They request a full withdraw of peacekeeping forces from South Ossetia. Georgia President Mikheil Saakashvili makes a retaliative demand that South Ossetia and Abkazia should have a vote on whether or not to rejoin Russia. If a unbiased vote did actually take place, statistics show it would be against joining Russia.

If Saakashvili doesn't quickly withdraw peacekeeping forces from the states Russian Segal Lavrov threatens to use force. The Russian leaders also have made accusations of that Georgia has committed 'many atrocities' such as Georgia peace keepers supposedly killing Russian peace keepers.

Georgia politicians refute this, one going as far to say, "I didn't know there was such a thing as a Russian peacekeepers".

NATO officials refuse to acknowledge Ossetia and Abkazia as anything other then Georgian states. Russian politicians were angered by this, but held their tongues.

In any case the Russians have agreed to withdraw their forces from Georgia, all except 'peacekeepers'. The Georgian forces that remain also have retreated most of their forces from the capital. Unfortunately Russian bombings have continued yesterday killing five civilians including one Dutch Reporter.

Latest articles