The Next Liberal Leader?

The Next Liberal Leader? Toronto MP Michael Ignatieff has announced his plan on running for the Liberal Party of Canada. He says he now has the experience to do the job justice, and stand his ground for the next Municipal elections, and take the votes away from the Conservative party.

Ignatieff has stated that this race will be between Stephen Harper (current Prime Minister) and himself, not Ignatieff and his fellow Liberals, trying to keep the race as clean and civil as possible.

"Now I'm going to be in competition with some fine fellow Liberals but I'm not running against any of them, I'm running against Stephen Harper and the Conservative government… My target is not my friends and my Liberal colleagues, it is the disappointing record of the Harper government."

Ignatieff says the next camping slogan must be of peace and "throwing open the doors of this party to the next generation, to the best and brightest our society has to offer." Much like President Elect Brack Obama's recent camping.

Ignatieff's most likely competitors are Toronto MP Bob Rae and New Brunswick MP Dominic Leblanc.

Ignatieff has already denounced LeBlanc, whose main advocacy is youth, by saying; "The youngest ideas aren't always from the youngest candidates. I think age is not a biological fact. It's a habit of spirit and mind,"

And while Ignatieff is running a campaign like Obamam's, he is egar to stress; "There will always be only one Barack Obama,"

Latest articles