Abortion, Contraceptives and other drugs?

Abortion, Contraceptives and other drugs? Many young women take birth control as a way to prevent pregnancy. We all know this. However, contraceptives have other uses, going from controlling menstrual pain to regulating periods. Some people use it as a way to prevent acne. Whatever the use, it is a big thing in American society. Unfortunately, a new policy may prevent women from getting their pills.

President Bush has brought forth a new policy that can actually prevent people from getting necessary drugs. It's probably not what you think, either. Instead of just banning contraceptives and abortion, he's leaving it up to the cashiers, doctors, pharmacists and anyone else who works in the medical field and that deals with the drugs that go to you. They can refuse to perform procedures as well. His new policy states that if it goes against the person's beliefs, religion, or "right of Conscience", they can refuse to perform procedures such as abortion and even artificial insemination. Where does that leave those who need these things?

Doctors and Nurses have always had the right to refuse to perform an abortion. If need be, the person seeking said abortion would go elsewhere. However, this new policy goes beyond abortion. Now they can refuse to prescribe birth control. What about those of us who need these pills? What about the over population that is already a problem in this world?

Being a Christian, I realize what I'm saying may sound very hypocritical because I'm supposed to be Pro-Life. However, if God really wanted there to be a baby, he wouldn't let an abortion take place. Eventually a person would be forced to have the child. Same with Birth Control. I believe that if God really wanted there to be a child, he would validate the pill and let the woman become pregnant. It's His Will. I do not agree with this new policy at all. It blows my mind because this could cause a turning point in our country. Not only has our economy been crushed during his presidency, but now this? I see this as the beginning of the end.

This new policy is just stupid. Leaving the decision up to people who don't know you, or your situation is just plain stupid. It just goes to show that our president obviously doesn't think about the consequences. The percentages of teenage mothers and birth rates are probably going to increase greatly. The number of illegal abortions will probably increase as well. While Bush was so busy trying to fix the country to go along with his beliefs, he is either not looking at what may come of this or he just doesn't care. I mean, he is going to be out of office very soon and this is his last chance for any drastic change. Whatever the reason, he obviously doesn't care about what happens when he leaves his position. The good news is, Obama is already on the case and this will be sorted out when he does become the president.

Latest articles