Abortion, Contraceptives and other drugs? - Comments

  • [i]However, if God really wanted there to be a baby, he wouldn't let an abortion take place. Eventually a person would be forced to have the child. Same with Birth Control. I believe that if God really wanted there to be a child, he would validate the pill and let the woman become pregnant. It's His Will.[/i]

    Uh, so does that mean it's God's will for us to clone people? To murder? To lie? etc....

    I mean, yeah, there's those options alright, but does that make it the right thing to do. Just because abortions are possible doesn't mean that's what God wants us to do...
    January 25th, 2009 at 03:46am
  • Man, how I'd love to throw a shoe at him too.
    January 25th, 2009 at 12:03am
  • So.. good ol fucking bush is doing the same.. what the russins done to "increase" the work force and saw over 6 million children in St. Petersburgh alone end up on the streets because of the same reason...
    Amercia is gonna have a hell of a population issue.
    January 15th, 2009 at 09:41pm
  • wow great article

    george bush is an asshole
    January 9th, 2009 at 09:49pm
  • Well done George, out of all the stupid things you've done/ said during your time in office, this has to be top of the list... stupid tit.
    December 29th, 2008 at 01:00am
  • very very well written article, I agree with every word.
    December 20th, 2008 at 11:28pm
  • I am pro-life, and i think it is a doctors choice to give an abortion.
    But birth control?!? Come on!
    I'm not a huge fan of "the pill" myself, because it's chemicals fucking with your body, but I wouldn't force a person not to take them! If people ask me if the should start taking them, I try to talk them out of it, but if they do it doesn't matter to me.
    I'd rather them prevent the baby then kill it!
    December 20th, 2008 at 10:27am
  • I have a lot to say one this subject and a little more, too.

    It is not the doctors decision whether or not a woman gets an abortion or takes the pill. It is no one's damn business but her own.

    Birth Control Pills are handed out to girls as soon as they get their period if need be. Is a doctor going to say "No." to a twelve year old girl when she goes in asking for them because her period is irregular? That she skipped two months and there's no chance she is pregnant.

    Not saying I am for abortion, because truthfully I am not. There a certain circumstances where it would be advisable to get one (excessive drug abuse), but in general, I would rather have someone have the baby and give it up for adoption. Again, if it is against the doctors relegion or whatnot, that is fine, just go to a different doctor and get it done.

    I feel as though President Obama is going to have a tough time straightening out everything Bush has done and wants to be done.
    December 20th, 2008 at 09:01am
  • Hellokittyvampwhatever: I believe in that I stated in the article, "Doctors and Nurses have always had the right to refuse to perform an abortion." I actually just went through and copied that. Obviously you didn't read that. And obviously you didn't get the meaning of this article. It was an article against this new policy. Not that the president is doing a bad job. I think we all know that he hasn't been the best president and, again, this article wasn't directed towards his actions in the past. As to your 3rd issue, again, in the same paragraph with the first quote I copied, it says, anyone seeking an abortion would most likely go elsewhere. Why don't you stop and read it before trying to make me sound like a complete idiot?
    December 20th, 2008 at 07:16am
  • I don't agree with abortion, but I agree with a woman's right to do what she wants with her body. How dare he try and take that right away from a woman? It's terrible.
    December 20th, 2008 at 04:59am
  • Ok Bush is a lame duck who's just trying to do something to make himself seem historically significant. He's a waste of space.
    December 20th, 2008 at 03:44am
  • WTF double post?

    Sorry about that guys. Goddamn computers.
    December 20th, 2008 at 03:27am
  • hellokittyvamp666,

    Doctors and nurses have also always had the option to not get a job at an abortion clinic if they think its amoral, so I don't really see why this is even an issue.

    Americans are safer now then where they were before? Sure, I guess, if you actually are comfortable with the Patriot Act shredding what was left of the Bill of Rights, and being photographed, X-rayed, sound-recorded, spied upon, measured, tracked, indexed and archived 24 hours a day. There's a lovely Benjamin Franklin quote that says, [i]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a
    December 20th, 2008 at 03:26am
  • hellokittyvamp666,

    Doctors and nurses have also always had the option to not get a job at an abortion clinic if they think its amoral, so I don't really see why this is even an issue.

    Americans are safer now then where they were before? Sure, I guess, if you actually are comfortable with the Patriot Act shredding what was left of the Bill of Rights, and being photographed, X-rayed, sound-recorded, spied upon, measured, tracked, indexed and archived 24 hours a day. There's a lovely Benjamin Franklin quote that says, [i]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."[/i] I think it applies. Oh, and the Americans weren't bombed, it was a coordinated suicide attack when 19 al-Qaeda members hijacked four commercial jet liners and flew two of them into the Twin Towers.

    If Bush was going a good job, would he really have the lowest approval rating as well as the lowest sustained approval numbers on record.

    This policy would give doctors the ability to withhold information about contraceptives and abortion from patients. A woman can't know who she can trust if she wants reliable information about contraceptives. This is a giant blow to woman's reproductive rights. A patient deserves to know what their options are, and if a doctor is censorious about their choices, then its' not honest practice and its' just unfair.
    December 20th, 2008 at 03:25am
  • [i]2) in your article you implied that president bush has been doing a bad job. Well let me ask you this have we been bombed in the past 7 years? Are we safer from terrorists then we were before? Obviously we are since we haven’t been bombed again.[/i]

    This comment made me lol so hard. Ahh, ignorance.
    December 20th, 2008 at 02:52am
  • 1)Doctors and nurses have always been able to refuse things so I don’t know where the hell your getting that from 2) in your article you implied that president bush has been doing a bad job. Well let me ask you this have we been bombed in the past 7 years? Are we safer from terrorists then we were before? Obviously we are since we haven’t been bombed again. And 3) if people need there pills so bad then they can always go to another doctor or a free clinic. He’s not trying to outlaw them he’s allowing the doctors and nurses to make their own decisions on what’s right. And even though they have always been able to do that he’s just making it more concrete. And I may not like bush so much myself but I have the decency to see where he’s coming from. Not to be rude but maybe you should try that.
    December 20th, 2008 at 02:26am
  • I may not liek Obama a lot, but I'm going to have to go with him, on the whole birth control stuff. I don't think minors need premission. Seriously, it can be like embarrassing to tell a parent. That's my opinion. At least Bush is leaving in 30 days. [:
    December 20th, 2008 at 02:06am
  • I may be completely off, but haven't doctors always been able to deny someone from getting certain drugs if their bodies aren't fit for it?
    December 20th, 2008 at 01:57am
  • i cried when i heard about that, actually.
    and then i punched things. ]:<
    December 20th, 2008 at 01:39am
  • Thank God we're dumping this guy's idiot ass.
    I have faith that Obama will fix this dipshit move.
    December 20th, 2008 at 01:24am