Is This the Change We've Been Looking For? - Comments

  • my three words to society on this matter are quite positive.

    [b]Former[/b] president Bush.
    January 25th, 2009 at 02:45am
  • I am so glad that Obama is our new president, and hopefully, he'll do a good job of getting stuff back together (I'm really bad on politics... social studies... =[ ) but I know that if we (meaning anyone) want change, we can't depend on him soley to do it for us. He being elected is a bit of change initially, but that's just one thing. On the actual [i]issues[/i]... yeah.
    And yet, I don't trust politicians altogether. But he's trustworthy enough.
    January 24th, 2009 at 05:17am
  • V Thank you for agreeing. And I agree with your comment as well. It's especially annoying because comments like that 1: won't get you anywhere, so suck it up and deal with it and 2: are usually just a sign of bias or fear, neither of which are rightful reasons to start bashing someone who, like you said has hardly even had a chance. The country's MESSED UP right now. No one's gonna fix it in four days, maybe not even four years. We just have to root for him in hopes that he does better by us than Bush.
    January 24th, 2009 at 01:42am
  • I agree with this article. I see immature comments all the time, such as: "OBAMA MESSED UP HIS SPEECH! NOBAMA! I'M HEADING TO CANADA!" I shake my head when I read those; especially when they're from my friends. Honestly, he's been in office for four days. He has four years left of this term of presidency. How can someone say they're running away when they don't even give him a chance?

    V Yeah. I agree.
    January 24th, 2009 at 01:04am
  • Good article. I agree that even if one didn't vote for Obama, it's their duty to accept his presidency, move on, and support him. Cause hey, folks, you better hope he does a good job, or you're screwed, not him.

    Though I have one thing to say (no one get pissy cause jumping down my throat isn't going to change facts).

    "just because I am a Conservative Christian does not mean that I am "narrow-minded." "

    Conservative:
    –adjective
    1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

    Narrow-minded:
    1. not receptive to new ideas; having a closed mind.
    2. extremely conservative and morally self-righteous.

    -cough-

    Taken from the dictionary at home. Similar definitions no? Maybe even synonymous, seeing as conservative is in fact used in the definition for narrow-minded.

    You can say you're not prejudiced, but yes, hun, conservative means, by definition, traditional and against most change a.k.a. narrow-minded. Nothing wrong with it, just pointing out that if you're going to call yourself something, maybe you should be sure of what your self-title entails.
    January 23rd, 2009 at 09:58pm