Canada Makes History - Comments

  • Canada > United States uv america
    January 22nd, 2012 at 08:07pm
  • I respect that you're a conservative but perhaps when writing an article on politics you should at least put a little more into telling both side of the story. Yes, Michael Ignatieff left Canada for a very long time. We get it.
    However, Harper has a history of undemocratic behavior. He cut 47 million in funding to an immigration organization that supported him in the last election without giving them so much as 24 hours warning. He wants to model or social service after the U.S. with more privatized healthcare. He's cut funding to life saving organizations, and for what? To buy fighter jets and keep corporate tax cuts (not to mention the waste on the G20/G8 summits)? He lost our seat on the UN for the first time in Canadian history. I don't believe in trickle down economics/ corporate tax cuts and I don't believe in cutting social services to fund such nonsense. There are a lot of good things we can learn from the United States but privatizing our social services in not one of them.
    April 19th, 2011 at 12:00am
  • I'm only half Canadian, and I live in the US, so I haven't been paying the most attention to this.
    However, I'm on the liberal side...and well, the side of democracy. As Ignatief's quote said, Harper seems to be scrambling to regain political face, with sweeping generalizations like 'it's not what the people want'...not actually attempting to help Canada.

    What exactly is this vote to determine, though? I couldn't figure that out from the article.
    April 7th, 2011 at 11:23pm
  • I wish The Communist Party of Canada had a riding in my area.
    April 7th, 2011 at 12:50am
  • i always thought once id be old enough to vote, id do my part and vote liberal, which holds the majority of my views, but i dont want soemone like ignatieff. from everything ive heard about him, i don't think ill actually go that route. however, that leaves me with having to quickly figure out where i will vote now
    April 4th, 2011 at 08:02pm
  • this is pretty sad. not about canada making history, i wish the u.s government would do something of the likes. what i mean is that i'm an avidnews watcher and am very into world issue, and what's happening in canada has gotten very little news coverage/ gosh canada's making history that's much more news worthy then lindsay lohans latest rehab stunt!
    March 31st, 2011 at 04:48am
  • Oh and I'm for the N.D.P. Always have been, always will be. Although I do not agree on your political views it's always nice to hear others opinions. :)
    March 27th, 2011 at 08:56pm
  • I'm actually rather happy we're having an election in May.
    Although I'm not huge on Ignatieff, he's better than Harper. The conservatives have proved time after time that they fail to think of the people. But I do suppose they are very capitalist so it's no surprise there.
    To bad I'm still not of voting age.
    Thanks for writing this article, it's nice to see some Canadian news on Mibba.
    March 27th, 2011 at 08:54pm
  • Its official, its May 2.
    Michael Ignatieff has ruled out a coalition.
    And the first quotes of the election campaigns have begun.. let the party begin.
    That was sarcasm.
    March 26th, 2011 at 10:25pm
  • Ok, I'm a little pissy that an admin deleted my Author's note, but whatever, I'll do it here.
    Where ever you hail from, Canada, America, UK, tell me what you think. This article took me four damn hours to write, and I do not want it going unnoticed. So, wherever you are from, what do you think of the Harper gov.? Should he be re-elected. I can tell you this, I've already secured six votes in Mr. Harpers name because I cannot legally vote yet. Even if you are a Liberal, drop a line. Your opinion means more to me if your from Canada, but anything makes me happy. If you can't already tell, I am a Conservative and I'm so mad that that stupid Liberal Ignatieff even came back, and I gave you explanation as to why he should be banned from Canada!
    March 26th, 2011 at 10:08pm