OccupyLSX

At midday today hundreds or thousands of protesters flocked St.Pauls Cathedral in London. Why? Because of the poor economic climate in this country, that has simple measures that could, but won't be taken.

Throughout the day activists have been carrying signs, and chanting, saying things such as "We are the 99%." Again, why? Well, technically it's wrong. It should be 90%, but hey, 99% sounds better. The whole point is that if the UK government did a one time tax of 20% of the top 10%'s net earning, then we'd raise a whopping £800 billion. That would be enough to close the deficit, pay the debt and probably have a hell of a lot left over. But hey, why do that when we can screw over the public.

Another thing, this protest is slowly being suppressed. Police have turned up and started kettling the protesters there. For the third time, why? So they can't do what they came to and occupy the land outside the Stock Exchange. The demonstration itself is being suffocated. It's unlawful of the police to interfere the way they have in a peaceful protest. It's wrong. Policemen are not outside the law.

Finally, support for this has been immense, so on behalf of OccupyLSX I thank all of those who have helped. I mean, even Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks has made an appearance and talked to the masses. And a fifth time, why? Because it's a just cause. I mean, look at the riots in London from August, stupid mindless violence that meant nothing. Now, we have a peaceful protest that's only aim is for the benefit of the nation.

And for the final time, I ask why. Why is this demonstration being suppressed illegally? Why should we be trod on by the police. And why, oh why, won't our government, who we elected to show the views of the people, take the logical route of a one time tax that would have minimal, if any effect on those being taxed.

Latest articles