Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Care Act - Comments

  • Alright, to debunk the "financially left for dead"'arguement that keeps popping up.
    It's going to come as a shocker to those that do not understand the United States healthcare system, but nobody is actually FORCED to pay for medical costs incurred at the hospital. If you go through the ER, you will be cared for, insurance or no. Hospitals lose large sums of cash every year BECAUSE they can't force you to pay for care.
    Under Obamacare, however, patients that suffer from renal failure are now being turned away. Just last night, my mother, an intensive care ward RN, was forced to discharge a patient that was in the middle of complete renal failure. He recieved one dyalisis treatment and was advised to seek treatment from his primary caregiver.
    Furthermore, the bill will cause healthcare professionals like my mother to seek other employment because of pay cuts it will cause. These people go to work to get paid, just like anyone else that's goes to work. Obamacare will wreck their livelihoods. Already, the hospital that my mom works at, which is one of just six in this entire STATE, is in the process of shutting down because the company that ran it no longer has the funds to support it.
    July 5th, 2012 at 07:05pm
  • There is no argument against this healthcare act that doesn't say, essentially, "poor people deserve to die."
    June 30th, 2012 at 07:23am
  • On thing I can't get is why Americas fight about health care as if it's something evil. As if having a National Health Service (NHS) is the same as killing hundreds of kids. I will admit that I do not know much about 'The Affordable Care Act' (Which is something I shall look into within the week, time permitting.) Why doesn't the U.S.A. copy the UK's health system ( so long that they can afford to)? The idea that a government looking after its citizens, in other words doing it job, is seen as oppression and injustice.

    When in fact just a smell amount of tax would mean you wouldn't need to pay outrageous amounts of money on health insurance. It would cost you nothing to visit your JP or doctor and if a poor person got shoot they wouldn't be left for dead, literally or financially. Granted the NHS isn't what it used to be (Falling economy and idiotic cuts made by the current government.) although despite that it still works well enough. If living with a health system that's cost effective and fair is living in oppression and injustice then I'm glad i'm living in it.
    June 30th, 2012 at 05:32am
  • Actually, women's reproductive care is now considered preventative and free under most health insurance plans.
    June 29th, 2012 at 09:23pm
  • Well women are actually paying more than men for health care with Obama. So that is one more reason, I don't think you touched on that subject. It not gonna affect me for 12 years but I still care about what my future will be like.
    June 29th, 2012 at 09:17pm
  • Well, hopefully I'll get healthcare in a year then.
    June 29th, 2012 at 07:17pm