What the Constitution Means to Me

Most machines built nowadays have computers. The operation manual is programed into the database so that the computer knows what the machine can or cannot do. The user’s job is to maintain and operate the machine according to what it is designed to do. When orders are entered into the computer it tells us if the machine is compatible to the task.

Government is like the machine operators, the country the machine, and the Constitution is like the computer. The Founders were like the programers. They researched different types of government and how the user friendly they were. In the Constitutional Convention different blueprints were brought to the table and
were discussed, tweaked, or discarded. In the end they drew up the blueprints to a pioneering product that drew from the better parts of the governments they studied.

The Constitution is the blueprint and computer to this magnificent country. After it was approved of by the states the country was built up again into the more efficient form the Constitution outlined. This computer’s programming is hard to reprogram with an amazing firewall built into all three branches of government
so as to block corruption and keep tyrants from breaking our country.

The United States of America is the most versatile and advanced machine today out in the market; we call it a republic. Of course like how the iron horse was completely different to our buggy driving ancestors the Constitution was nothing the newly freed nation had ever seen. When we learned how to use the machine we could adapt, build, and destroy better than anyone else of the competition as some found out the hard way.

The blueprint has been copied faultily by much of the globe as a quick fix, but as the forgers found out it takes discipline to operate a machine like the United States. The Constitution over the land of the free allows us to be free and to keep our freedom, we need to
know how. Doing this demands incentive out of each of us to be all that we can be to perform whatever upkeep society requires. So we have to know the country and the Constitution inside and out to keep watch for any contaminants that will break the machine down. The checks and balances written in the Constitution only work if followed by the elected and non-elected officials. The power may be divided, but all it takes is all three branches agreeing on something for the firewall to become disabled.

Since this is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people we also have to be ready to take office, we are the firewall and the where the operators come from. This Constitution is for a nation of leaders not followers. A lazy American is a bit of an oxymoron. We couldn't be where we are at because everyone decided to lounge around. As the Chinese proverb says, "He who sits with mouth open for roasted duck to fly in must wait a very long time." It takes hard work to prevent a country from straying from values. We owe our God, our Founding Fathers, and the millions yet unborn too much to let the country slip out of our control and crash. If it is true that every child deserves a chance we better keep a place prepared where that chance is possible.

Liberty is government protected freedom. Freedom is the set of inalienable rights every human on the planet has. The Constitution protects our liberties by erecting a government that is powerful enough to make sure our freedoms are not ignored and specifically outlining what the freedoms are as listed in the Bill of Rights.

Like all computers the Constitution is expensive. Much was given so that we can be free. Moses gave his entire life recording and compiling history and taking care of his one million strong family. Greece and Rome tested out democratic and republican forms of government and their philosophers wrote down everything. People took care of the scriptures and others fought so that everyone can read them. Men and women pondered over government and inscribed things that no one thought of and dared to share before. Thousands died in the American Revolution so that we can be free. All of our Founders gave their whole lives in service of our country so that the government can go in the right direction to maintain freedom. All of these lives worked so that "millions yet unborn" could be raised in freedom. What a mass effort of people to hope for something better in a world of darkness. Most of those that sacrificed for a better era have not been able to experience the product of their labors. "If [we] have seen farther than anyone it is because [we] have stood on the shoulders of giants." What a debt to be paid to those millions dead who fought for this.

The Constitution is a summary of what mankind has fought for and against in the history of mankind. It is a blessing to the earth and to those that live it. It is a highly calibrated machine that should be respected. As citizens of this country it is our duty to protect and follow its precepts.

Latest articles