"The Best is Yet to Come": Four More Years for Obama - Comments

  • All I have to say is this: Welcome to America, where we will elect a man for president, bitch more about his decisions than those made by Congress, and then re-elect him all over again. Yay for Obama!
    November 22nd, 2012 at 08:14pm
  • @ XxMurderDollx
    You are an ignorant young soul, and your improper typing is shameful.
    November 14th, 2012 at 01:04am
  • There were a few minor errors, but I enjoyed your piece thoroughly. However, I was disappointed that you didn't capitalize Marijuana, nor use it's proper name "Cannabis".
    November 14th, 2012 at 01:02am
  • I think Obama was the better choice, as an outsider to the country. I know everyone I know wanted Obama too. Nicely written article and gave those outside of the USA the chance to see the facts and figures too. Also, the mini-debates below are also helping me to understand just how much Obama did. I wish we'd done US Politics this year - shame the exam board doesn't have any recent material for us to study. Well written article, thanks for posting. :)
    November 12th, 2012 at 01:52pm
  • XxMurderDollx:
    i just think with obama nuthing will get dun like the other 4 years except 30% of my dads hard earned paycheck going to obama and not my family
    He passed healthcare reform, withdrew troops from Iraq, bailed out the auto industry so they didn't have to send jobs overseas, closed Guantanamo Bay, repealed Don't Ask, Don't Tell, passed a stimulus that created jobs, reversed Bush torture laws, expanded stem cell research and much, much more.

    Under Romney, more of your dad's hard earned money would go to taxes because Romney was going to raise taxes for everyone except the rich. Because they're the only people he cared about. And your taxes don't go to the president, they go toward paying for the public utilities people use everyday; i.e. roads, schools, public parks etc. But Obama doesn't believe in raising taxes on middle class families.
    November 12th, 2012 at 03:02am
  • Advantage with people over 30? What so people with actual maturity, experience and knowledge would rather vote for Romney? What does that say?
    November 11th, 2012 at 11:43pm
  • i just think with obama nuthing will get dun like the other 4 years except 30% of my dads hard earned paycheck going to obama and not my family
    November 11th, 2012 at 07:21pm
  • ok ok i never said i wanted romney to win either
    November 11th, 2012 at 07:18pm
  • @ witheverything;
    We weren't talking about the economy, at least I wasn't. I was replying to your inaccurate statement that the federal government cant intervene in marriage.
    November 11th, 2012 at 01:57am
  • @kurtni
    Everyone may be screwed from the economy. We're heading towards another recession and I don't think it will change especially with Obama. That's just me. I refuse to argue, what's done is done.
    November 11th, 2012 at 01:53am
  • @ witheverything;
    No it isn't; marriage carries many federal benefits, and the federal government has heavily intervened in the past (ie, forcing states to allow interracial marriage). Most gay rights advocates expect the Supreme Court and federal government will enforce gay marriage legalization much in the same way they did with interracial marriage.
    November 11th, 2012 at 01:22am
  • @kurtni

    In regards to marriage, he can't. No one can. Like a drinking age, it is a state right.
    November 11th, 2012 at 01:16am
  • @ witheverything;
    That's not true at all though. Presidents can issue executive orders that dramatically affect gay rights. Some that Obama issued included an expansion of the Family and Medical Leave Act, which allows same sex partners to care for their children like straight couples, an order to extend health benefits to the spouses of LGBT federal workers, and an order that says public housing programs cannot discriminate based on sexual orientation if they receieve federal money.

    The President signed the repeal of DADT, which is something Romney never would have done, and there wasn't a 2/3 majority to override a veto. Not to mention that the President can write legislation and have someone sponsor it in Congress, which Obama has done with things like the Affordable Care Act.
    November 11th, 2012 at 12:13am
  • @ savage love.
    I'm not defending anyone. I'm not getting into this, but Romeny wouldn't have been able to change gay rights. Gay marriage is a state right, it would be unconstitutional for him to change it.
    November 10th, 2012 at 11:53pm
  • @ XxMurderDollx
    Well if Romney would have won he would have added over 2000 taxes to middle class, and tried to redefine rape, ban Gay marriage, he claims he would have fixed the USA in 8 to 10 years but dogs on Obama about not doing so in 4. He tells us what he was going to do, but not how. He hid all his money and all that other crap. He spouted lies whenever he got the chance, that's not an opinion, fact checkers call that; a fact. In all the debates he told at least 10 lies, and changed his policies after eighteen months.

    I do not ever want him to be president, ever. He is an evil and conniving man, hence why I voted for Gary Johnson.
    November 10th, 2012 at 08:15am
  • yay more taxes!i cant freakin wait!-_-
    November 9th, 2012 at 08:40pm
  • Romney was awful, and I was quite terrified of him winning. You never knew what is plan was, because he constantly changed his mind. What I never understood about him was he said "I'm going to repeal Obamacare," and Obamacare was pretty much the same healthcare plan Romney passed when he was governor of Massachusettes. He was very unsettling.

    I'm glad we gave Obama another chance. Not only did he inherit a BS economy that got screwed up by Bush, but he had a Republican congress who were against him and vowed to strike down everything he proposed since day 1. People say he got nothing done, but I strongly disagree. Obamacare is a big deal, we're the only civilized country that didn't have socialized healthcare. It was sad, too, because everyone agreed with the individual mandates of Obamacare (keeping your kids on their parent's healtcare plan until they're 26, not being denied by insurance companies due to pre-exisiting illness) they just didn't like it because Obama was the one who created it. Plus, I can't vote for anyone who thinks they can make women's healthcare decisions for them, which is why I voted for Obama (among other things). I don't know where all of this hate for him came from.

    He's a politician, don't get me wrong, and there are things about Obama's policies that I certainly don't agree with. But to me, Obama seems like a genuine person who cares about his country and its citizens. I'm very hopeful, and I was satisfied with his first term.
    November 9th, 2012 at 03:43am
  • As like everyone else, I was biting my nails and shaking in my little space boots waiting for the final result. Could've shed a tear when I heard Obama won. I felt relief cometely and restored my faith in humanity. There's just something sinister about Romney dude, glad America isn't completely useless. Here's to four more years with Obama and I really do hope the best is on its way.
    November 9th, 2012 at 02:52am
  • arye.tyler:
    Actually, President Obama lost the popular vote by a narrow margin. That being said, it was a good race, and congratulations to him.
    Obama ended up winning the popular vote by several million votes (I think it's 60,000,000 to 57,000,000).
    November 8th, 2012 at 10:23pm
  • Don't blame me, I voted for Romney.
    November 8th, 2012 at 07:21pm