John McCain Denies Romantic Relationship with Lobbyist

John McCain Denies Romantic Relationship with Lobbyist Presidential hopeful and Arizona Senator John McCain was accused of having a romantic relationship with a telecommunications lobbyist.

McCain attended a press conference called to address the matter.

The Senator denied the claims and said, "I've served this nation honorably for more than half a century. At no time have I ever done anything that would betray the public trust."

He said that the woman who was involved, Vicki Iseman, was nothing more than a friend.

John McCain, however, was told by John Weaver that he should stay away from Iseman after a failing campaign in 2000. McCain said he did not recall that conversation with Weaver.

McCain's wife was extremely disappointed and miffed about the newspaper's accusations. "More importantly, my children and I not only trust my husband, but know that he would never do anything to not only disappoint our family, but disappoint the people of America. He's a man of great character," Cindy McCain commented.

Mike Huckabee, his competition for the Republican nominee, said he would not comment any further on the allegations, as he thinks that McCain is a "good, decent, honorable man". He had no problem accepting McCain's denial.

We're all familiar with the infamous relationship between former president Bill Clinton and white house intern, Monica Lewinsky. This relationship caused an impeachment trial, although he wasn't impeached in the end.

Latest articles