New York Recieves Its 55th Governor

New York Recieves Its 55th Governor Earlier this afternoon, democrat David Paterson was sworn in as the governor of New York. Paterson, who is legally blind, is also the state's first black governor.

Sworn in by Chief Judge Judith Kaye, Paterson later said no matter why it was he came to be governor that, "today, like we always do, in spite of the obstacles, regardless of the circumstances, we move forward."

The circumstances he was referring to of course, were those that are surrounding his predecessor, former Governor Eliot Spitzer, who very recently stepped down amid a highly publicized scandal. Spitzer now admits to his involvement in a high end prostitution ring, and it has been discovered that he had spent tens of thousands of dollars on prostitutes. Prosecutors are still debating whether to press charges.

Governor Paterson, who graduated for Colombia University, promises to start his term off on a strong note by helping to mend the spirit and reputation of the state of New York.

This past Friday, Mr. Paterson spoke on the tender situation awaiting him saying, "I definitely feel anxiety .. but in the end, we have a job to do. And we're here to do that job."

The people of New York, along with many other members of our nation, have high hopes and faith in the newest member of our government.

Latest articles