Rod Blagojevich

Rod Blagojevich was a seemingly normal politician when he was elected to office in 2002. He was made the govenor of Illinois and resided peacefully in Chicago for many years.

In 2010 the Blagojevich trial began, where he was accused of being corrupt. The accusations included Blagojevich wanting compensation for taking Obama's seat when he became presidnet, and this accusation included very good evidence - Blagojevich voicing this desire on tape.

His trial ended in his conviction, and he was given a fourteen year sentence and was subsequently impeached. The house vote on his impeachment was 114 to 1, a clear decision, and their accusations included abuse of power and attempts to sell votes. His impeachment was accompanied by a life time prohibition from holding a public office position.

Although the evidence was piled against him, Blagojevich claimed on multiple late night television shows that he was innocent, and still claims that to this day. Blagojevich remains to be the only Illinois representative who does not have a portrait in the state capitol building, although the state has stated they will hang the portrait if Blogjevich pays to have it painted.

Rod Blagojevich is currently serving his sentence in a federal prison in Colorado.

Latest articles