Political News

  • DADT Repealed: Landmark Human Rights or Impractical Oversight?

    DADT Repealed: Landmark Human Rights or Impractical Oversight?

    During his 2008 presidential campaign, then-Senator Barack Obama pledged to bring an end to the homophobic “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy of the American Military. As of December 18th, 2010, this controversial policy is no more. But is this landmark decision, supported by the majority of the American public, insensitive to military needs?

    December 23rd, 2010 at 03:41am

  • Students - The real story behind the protest.

    Students - The real story behind the protest.

    Many people are aware of the student protests taking place across most of Europe, I'm sure people have read the articles in the news. Students are dubbed 'criminals', 'thugs' and 'vandals' for their recent behaviour. Are they criminals or are they merely standing up for themselves?

    December 1st, 2010 at 03:45pm

  • Westboro Baptist Church Case Taken To Supreme Court

    Westboro Baptist Church Case Taken To Supreme Court

    In recent weeks, Reverend Fred Phelps and the WBC have held protests outside the funerals of military heroes carrying signs with hateful speech on them. The case has been taken to the Supreme Court, where it will be decided whether or not such speech is legal, or if it's unconstitutional.

    October 7th, 2010 at 09:23am

  • Save Our Schools!

    Save Our Schools!

    America's students are crying out for more funding. Listening to their demands could encourage a more educated nation.

    October 1st, 2010 at 07:08am

  • Freedom for All?

    Freedom for All?

    My opinion on an article from the Associated Press.

    September 15th, 2010 at 10:56pm

  • Queens Bans BNP Leader from Buckingham Palace

    Queens Bans BNP Leader from Buckingham Palace

    After complete humiliation and failure in the 2010 United Kingdom elections earlier this year, Nick Griffin, leader of the anti-immigration British National Party, was again nationally embarrassed, after being controversially refused entry to attend a Buckingham Palace garden party, from claims he had abused his invitation for political purposes.

    July 23rd, 2010 at 11:51am

  • New Funding to Assist Teenage Parents

    New Funding to Assist Teenage Parents

    In an effort to create common ground on the issue of abortion, the Obama administration has set up a fund to assist pregnant women and teenage parents.

    July 4th, 2010 at 02:02am

  • Obama to Fund Broadband Expansion

    Obama to Fund Broadband Expansion

    In an effort to allow poor and rural areas internet access, the Obama Administration plans to fund 66 projects to expand broadband access.

    July 2nd, 2010 at 05:27pm

  • Sell Out Lib Dems for Unfair Budget

    Sell Out Lib Dems for Unfair Budget

    Last Tuesday, 22nd June, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, delivered, arguably, the most significant Budget in over a decade. In an extremely politically brave move, it is unfortunate that the Budget, with an opportunity to rebuild the economy in a benevolent way, actually presents itself as regressive and unfair. But, importantly, it also highlights how far the Liberal Democrats have come from their original policies before the election outcome.

    June 26th, 2010 at 09:38pm

  • The 'Final Frontier' Still In Danger

    The 'Final Frontier' Still In Danger

    Although much of the hype has died away, President Obama's new vision for space and its true implications are not fully understood. Here is what the President's vision really means for the future of America.

    June 2nd, 2010 at 05:11am