The Future Of Exercise... In A Pill?

The Future Of Exercise... In A Pill? Scientists reported on Thursday, July 31st that they have finally developed a pill that will allow to exercise while sitting.

This new drug was given to mice in a four week period. The mice that were given the pill burned more calories on a daily basis as well as had less fat than the mice that didn't take the pill. After further testing the mice that took the pill were found to run 44 percent farther and 23 percent longer than the mice without the pill.

Scientists hope that this is the future because with this simple pill obesity and diabetes could be cured. For all of those people that don't want to go to the gym or just can't alter their eating habits they can chemically alter their body to mimic the exact workout that they would get in a gym.

But is this really safe? Could a pill that allows you to exercise without actually moving be safe for you body. It's not that hard to go to the gym and exercise for an hour, is it really necessary to gulp down even more pills. Personally I go to the gym three times a week for about an hour or more each week and I would not trade it for a pill. Exercising gives renewal to your body and their are so many benefits that you would lose to such a pill.

Now only available to the race of mice, it will soon be open to the general public. All the chain gyms would soon begin to close down and people would forget what exercise really is. Would this really benefit us as a race or kill us even quicker? Is this really a safe way to battle obesity?

Latest articles