'You Can't Cure Homosexuality' Agree UK Doctors - Comments

  • Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=https://www.forum.vuwpgsa.ac.nz/viewtopic.php?p=8568#p8568>Top Rated Onlne Casino Guide</a> 2_3904b
    September 29th, 2023 at 05:40am
  • wow. treating homosexuality as a mental illness and trying to [i]cure[/i] it, really?
    trying to change someone's sexual orientation is like trying to change their likes and dislikes; it might be possible, who knows? but it would mean changing the person's [i]personality[/i], meaning changing the person completely.
    and trying to [i]cure[/i] someone of being who they are is just... inhumane, to say the least.
    February 1st, 2011 at 11:53am
  • Homesexuality isn't a disease, nor is it something anyone chooses. The study was just a waste of time, money, and space.
    January 25th, 2011 at 11:25pm
  • this made me happy :D
    but what made me sad is that there are going to be people who will completely ignore this proof... :/
    December 12th, 2010 at 08:33pm
  • Ha, like the comment below me said, there's nothing wrong with being gay [at all], it's not a disease.
    Pfft, as if. Why did it take them so long to figure this out?
    September 26th, 2010 at 10:41pm
  • There's nothing wrong with being gay, its not a fucking disease
    September 18th, 2010 at 03:02pm
  • Well, finally. I coul dhave told them that and saved them the ridiculously expensive trial.
    August 29th, 2010 at 11:52pm
  • I think it's ridiculous that any medically trained person would focus on trying to cure something like homosexuality when they could be doing something actually useful like finding a cure for something that's actually life threatening.
    Last I checked, homosexuality wasn't a terminal illness, nor is it harmful in any way shape or form to either the person themself or persons around them.
    Absolutely ludicrous. All doctors SHOULD abandon these idiotic "treatments" and "therapies".
    August 1st, 2010 at 02:10pm
  • SERIOUSLY?
    being gay isn't anywhere near a disease.
    so does being straight mean your perfect?, i really hope not 'cuz then damn considering what a lot of straight people do that's not really something to like.

    I have nothing against Gays or Straight people.
    I'm Bi

    I don't think just because you prefer to be with which ever sex should be so controversial.

    many ancient civilization saw homosexuality as common, nothing to be worked up about.

    you can't control who a person loves
    thats like saying you can choose the sky to be the ground
    July 14th, 2010 at 06:22am
  • Finally! Can't believe this, frankly offensive, therapy is being funded by ME out of my tax!
    When will this religion-fueled prejudice finally die out completely.
    July 14th, 2010 at 12:46am
  • I can't believe this has only just happened, but thank God. At least it was never a compulsory 'treatment' in this country.
    July 6th, 2010 at 06:27pm
  • Religion has a lot to do with people thinking that homosexualiaty is a mental disease. I mean, it says in the bibal that God strikes down those who are gay and this is where the intollerance comes from.
    Yes, there are some religious people who accept gays. But those people still do not want gays to be legally married or to adopt children.
    Religion is so burnt into society that if affects how the government is run and so it is quite impossible for any gay couple to actually marry or have children and the intollerance comes from that. (A politician in the Australian government had racist veiws and therefore some people in society began to replicate those views.)
    If the government was much more openminded on the issue of gays then there would be a lot more tolerance for those people, along with people who are of a different cultural background and religous background.
    At least the Prime minister in Iceland married his boyfriend. So there's a point to humanity.
    July 6th, 2010 at 02:38am
  • What really gets me about this is that some patients would only want a cure becuase society has convinced them that they're not good enough if they're gay. If we accepted them, then they wouldn't WANT a cure! Seriously, our fault in the first place, we're not respecting the patients wishes - we were the ones who made them believe that they NEED it! They do not need it. People are people, no matter their sexual orientation.

    And, for that point, I have found that 90% of homosexual people are nicer than most straight people - probably becuase the hardships they've been put through have caused them to grow immeasurably kind hearted and mature.

    I'm so sick of it when people say it's wrong. It's not wrong if they really truly love another person. Since when is love wrong?

    /rant over
    July 6th, 2010 at 12:13am
  • Finally someone had the guts to say it! Great job:)
    July 5th, 2010 at 11:55pm
  • This article made my day.
    High fives all around! :D
    July 5th, 2010 at 09:45pm
  • My god. I'm gonna reitarate a bunch of other people and say that homosexuality isn't a disease. If it is..then you'd have to label heterosexuality as a disease too. As for the patient asking for it..it's like the debate over assisted suicide. If a patient wants something that is not medically ethic..what does the doctor do?
    July 5th, 2010 at 09:36pm
  • cyber hugs for gay people! dont try and cure it we luv u anyway! ^,,^
    July 5th, 2010 at 12:32am
  • Eurgh, of course you can't 'cure' homosexuality, it's not a disease or an infection. It's not a fever or a bug. More to the point, it's not a CHOICE.
    These people don't choose to be gay for goodness sake, it's how they feel.

    The world is so f**ked up. It's about time people's feelings were taken into consideration.

    Gays/lesbians/bisexual people - if you're ashamed, don't be. Be proud of yourself, you have NOTHING to be ashamed off. Most people have haters but everybody has lovers.
    July 4th, 2010 at 10:22pm
  • Ugh, what is with people these days?
    Homosexuality is not a disease, or an illness. It's not a choice, and its not something you can change or 'convert.'
    I am not gay, but I know a few people who are.
    I hate people that keep on walking around, claiming that homosexuality is just a disease, an illness...a 'phase.' and that it can be cured in no time.
    Why don't people stop wasting their time, and go find something useful to cure. Like cancer.
    July 4th, 2010 at 09:42pm
  • I really don't understand why would people want to "cure" homosexuality. Alright, maybe it's due to the pressure from the outside world, but what's wrong with being gay? Anyone can fall in love with anyone, that's how things are meant to be. You aren't going to ask a woman to go get therapy if she fall in love with a guy, would you?
    July 4th, 2010 at 06:19pm