New Zodiac Signs - Have Our Signs Changed?

It seems that the moon’s gravitational pull has made the Earth shift on its axis, causing all star signs to be set back by one month, as well as the addition of the thirteenth zodiac sign.

The new horoscope dates are as follows:

  • Capricorn: January 20 to February 16

  • Aquarius: February 16 to March 11

  • Pisces: March 11 to April 18
  • 
Aries: April 18 to May 13

  • Taurus: May 13 to June 21
  • 
Gemini: June 21 to July 20

  • Cancer: July 20 to August 10

  • Leo: August 10 to September 16

  • Virgo: September 16 to October 30

  • Libra: October 30 to November 23

  • Scorpio: November 23 to November 29
  • 
Ophiuchus: November 29 to December 17
  • 
Sagittarius: December 17 to January 20

Although I’ve never been a very superstitious person, I’ve always taken pride in being a Scorpio. I’ve never actually taken the time to read my horoscope regularly—I’ve only done so a few times in my life out of curiosity—but when I was told I was now a Libra, I was a little thrown off.

I can only imagine how some true horoscope followers felt when they were told that the signs they had recognized themselves by their entire lives had changed; though I don’t personally know any horoscope followers, I’ve heard tons of stories about people panicking, furiously cursing or simply being devastated—especially those who had their signs tattooed. I even read about a woman who was contemplating divorce when her husband was now supposedly a Libra, because she’d vowed that she would only marry a Scorpio. (You can find that article here.)

For those who follow the Western philosophy of astrology (which is based on our relationship to the Sun and is what most Americans follow), nothing has changed. This has proven to bring about relief for many, but what about the rest of us who follow the Eastern system (which is based on our relationship to the stars)?

Some say that those of us who follow the Eastern system will just have to get used to suddenly being a Leo instead of a Virgo or a Taurus instead of a Gemini. However, some astrologists disagree, stating that the new horoscope dates only apply to those who were born after 2009 (and a few others say the new dates only apply to those born in or after 2011).

There are many debates going on about this topic; some are even arguing that since we now have thirteen zodiacs, we should have thirteen months too! Either way, most people agree that as long as you believe in your sign, you don’t have to change it; if you believe Aries describes you better, you need not become a Pisces. The conclusion? It’s up to you if you want to keep your current horoscope sign or not.

Latest articles