Brett Favre Switching To Jets

Brett Favre Switching To Jets Famed, three time NFL MVP, Brett Favre is being traded off of the Green Bay Packers. The New York Jets picked up on the player and made a deal with the manager of the Packers on Wednesday night.

"I am looking forward to seeing Brett Favre in a New York Jets uniform," said Woody Johnson, the Jets chairman and CEO. "He represents a significant addition to this franchise, and reflects our commitment to putting the best possible product on the field."

With the trade it ends a long stay with the Packers, 16 seasons he's been with them. With the team, he holds numerous passing records. He holds league records for touchdown passes, yards passing, passing attempts, completions and victories by a starting quarterback.

The Green Bay Packers won a Superbowl, 1998 their most recent with Brett playing as the quarterback. The other two years they won were 1967 and 1968, two consecutive years.

"Brett has had a long and storied career in Green Bay, and the Packers owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude for everything he accomplished on the field and for the impact he made in the state," Packers' management said in a statement. "It is with some sadness that we make this announcement ..."

Favre had announced his retirement in March, but had a change of heart deciding he may want to play after all. The Packers had already decided a new starter quarterback for the team, hence why the trade took place.

Latest articles