Nine Year Old Banned From Little League Baseball

Nine Year Old Banned From Little League Baseball A nine year old, named Jericho Scott, has been banned from little league baseball in New Haven, Conn. All because he can throw a 40 mile per hour pitch, which is apparently too fast and too hard.

When they let him take the mound in the next game, the opposing team forfeited thus causing the leagues head honchos to try and disband Jericho's team, resulting in a protest. There's rumors floating around that the whole thing is payback, because Scott didn't accept an invite from the defending league champion.

The parents on the opposing team(s) should be ashamed of themselves. This boy has real talent, and they're booing him? If anything, Jericho should be moved up to a team that better fits his skills, instead of having to lower himself to a team that obviously is too low scale for him. What message are the parents sending their kids by having this kid banned from playing baseball, a sport he loves? Not a good one.

This whole thing is humorous to Jericho's team mates and family. Since when was it a bad thing to be exceptionally good at something? Weren't we always taught to excel and do the best that we can?

Latest articles