Yankee Stadium Thieves Arrested

Yankee Stadium Thieves Arrested The final game at Yankee stadium last Sunday was an emotional time for many fans of one of the most popular teams in baseball. The Yankees closed our the stadiums history with a victory over the Baltimore Orioles. The Yankees scored a total of 7 runs, while the Orioles had only 3. Some fans wanted a little of memorabilia to cherish all of the history within the stadium, and got in trouble because of it.

Everything from signs to paint chips has been reported stolen, or attempted to be stolen. New York police were out patrolling along the stadium, in order to catch people who had tried to take pieces of it with them before the stadium is demolished and the team moves to New Yankee Stadium. So far, reports indicate that 18 people have been charged with possessing stolen property from the stadium.

Howard Rubenstein, a spokesperson for the New York Yankees, stated that a private security team was going to be formed in an interview with the New York Post. This measure is being taken to ensure that no one breaks into the stadium to steal anything else now that it has been closed to the public.

The Yankee Organization takes stadium property theft very seriously. In April, Keith O'Rourke and John Bunjaporte were arrested for trying to steal bunting on opening day. They were charged with attempted larceny and criminal mischief and spent several hours in jail.The two had their season tickets revoked. Officials stated that allowing fans to take pieces of the stadium would be unfair to those who pay when memorabilia is auctioned off.

Latest articles