A-Rod Taints Baseball Reputation

A-Rod Taints Baseball Reputation Steroids and baseball have an intricate history that no one likes to admit to, and Alex Rodriguez has added fuel to the fire as new information emerged recently showing that he failed a drug test in 2003.

An anonymous drug test was issued in 2003 to get an idea of how common steroid use was in major league baseball, and 104 players tested positive for steroids. However, because the tests were confidential, the list was to be destroyed and no players were to be punished or publicly exposed.

However, A-Rod's name was somehow leaked recently and the controversy has erupted. 2003 was the first year that A-Rod was named MVP and now that the steroid scandal has arisen many fans don't believe he deserves it. As of now it appears Rodriguez will not be punished for his steroid use because the tests were anonymous, and the other 103 players have not been publicly announced.

Bud Selig has chastised Rodriguez for his bad judgment and claims that even though those 104 players cannot be punished, baseball officials are still committed to ridding the game of illicit drug use.

“We are fully committed to ridding our game of steroids and other performance-enhancing substances," says Selig. "These drugs and those who use them and facilitate their use threaten the integrity of our sport, but we will not rest or relax our efforts until the use of these illegal drugs are gone from baseball.”

Latest articles