Glasgow: City of Sport. Aye, right. - Comments

  • Just like to say something.

    I live here and this is what I see.

    When you have lit fireworks pushed through your letterbox, then perhaps you can tell me they aren't all that bad.
    November 10th, 2008 at 12:59pm
  • I hate to tell you but Glasgow isn't all that bad, I go there every single weekend and most nights after school because its where I meet friends, go to gigs, go drinking.
    Yeah there is neds, but that's like saying that there's hippies in the supermarket. Its bad. As much as I don't like some neds, they are no bad lads. Trust me!
    The reason glasgow gets it bad rep is cos of what people put on the news, don't you notice that?

    They saw Glasgow is a crimeland, but isn't everywhere these days?
    December 8th, 2007 at 07:40pm
  • I fucking love Glasgow.I think Like Moshers and all the other people i associate with rule Glasgow mainly coz thts where they go to get away from neds.I have never been scared when a ned threatins me and all my friends mainly because i stick up for myself.They are really cowards thinking its cool to smoke and beat people up.Neds will never overrule if we all stick together.hehe i am being deadly serious.
    December 8th, 2007 at 06:05am
  • I acutally disagree with what this artivcle is saying-how they are describing glaswegians. not all neds are dangeroud you twat... glasgow is a very nice place i'll have ya known. i always say pal and never got beat up once!
    good on ya scots for getting the games\! i only hope it rains get the fat judged wet
    November 17th, 2007 at 10:21pm
  • I was born in Glasgow, but I don't live there. However, I am visiting there tomorrow. All I can say, is, fuck yeah! Neds, they're not that much of a problem to be honest. My town is chock-fucking-full of them, but they don't pay any attention to me. They just stand around and try to look intimidating most of the time.

    I'm so happy that Glasgow is gonna be hosting the Commonwealth Games. We got to listen to the radio in class to find out who was getting it. I've beem seeing "Commonwealth Games 2014 candidate" signs for so long. Maybe they'll replace them with "Commonwealth Games Host 2014". It'll certainly cheer me up if I see them. :)
    November 17th, 2007 at 02:19am
  • Actually...Ibrox is one of the areas where games will be held.
    November 16th, 2007 at 11:04pm
  • As another fellow glaswegian I obv think glasgow rocks!!!
    And obviously the whole ned thing is a problem but I don't think it's got anthing to do with our ability to host the commonwealth games, I mean they're not exactly going to drag tourists through the gorbals or ibrox!!!!

    November 16th, 2007 at 10:49pm
  • I'm from Glasgow and I have to agree. I've lost count of the number of times people have been threatened or attacked by neds at my school or the local park...
    November 16th, 2007 at 06:13am
  • This is great!
    As a Glaswegian I agree completely with you about "neds".
    They're going to overpopulate Scotland soon.
    November 16th, 2007 at 04:48am