Spain to win World Cup?

Spain to win World Cup? There are two countries in the 2010 FIFA World Cup final: Spain and Holland. The Netherlands and Spain have never won a World Cup final and Paul predicted Spain will hold up the trophy.

Paul had predicted every single one of Germany’s matches during the World Cup correctly, even their tough loss to Spain in the World Cup semifinals. Germans are upset about Paul’s correct decision but it proves that Paul may have some kind of talent.

Paul has a process of choosing the winner of a match. There are two flags in his tank. Paul sits on the containers which the flags are held in and thinks about the winner. He switches back and forth eyeing the two flags. Then when he is ready to make his decision he eats a mussel inside the container of the winning country.

The oracle octopus has not predicted a wrong match throughout Germany’s journey through the World Cup. The German cephalopod started his prognostications during the 2008 European Championships where he predicted five out of Germany’s six matches correctly. Paul also decided that Germany will place third in the competition against Uruguay.

Spain’s Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero has shown his concern for the octopus. “El Pulpo Paul” as the eight legged creature is known as in Spain is a target by many. Zapatero said, “I’m thinking about sending in a team to protect the octopus because obviously it was very spectacular that he should get Spain’s victory right from there.

Paul has competition too. It seems like predicting the winner is a new sport. Mani, a parakeet from Singapore predicted Holland to win the match.vThe Spanish and Dutch are not concerned though, Carlos Marchena, a Spanish defender says that Paul is “only an octopus.”

South Africa must prepare for a new World Cup champion. Spain or The Netherlands?

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Latest articles