Euro 2012 Qualifications - Germany vs. Belgium

Euro 2012 Qualifications -  Germany vs. Belgium September 4, 2010

Yesterday, Germany's National Soccer team met up again to face Belgium for a Group A lead. The game started at 02:45 pm EST, where I watched from my laptop. The first half was intense. Mostly it consisted of a lot of keep away from the German side but Belgium did get the ball a few times.

Belgium gained the ball a few times and went for the goal. Most of the time the kick was wide and if it wasn't Manuel Neuer, they would have had some goals. In the 15" of the game they pulled off a yellow card. The foal was committed by Vincent Kompany (Belgium). By the end of the first half, Bastian Schwienstiger (Germany) also took a yellow card.

At the beginning of the second half, Marcell Jansen (Germany) was replace by Heiko Westermann in the 46". Plus, Mesut Özil (Germany) was taken out at the 46" by Cacau. The game from there was still keep away until Thomas Müller got the ball. He ran down the pitch and getting to the goalie box, passed it the Miroslav Klose. Although Klose was blocked from behind, he ran forward and kicked the ball into the goal, making the score 1-0 Germany in the 51".

After the score, Germany made their last switch from Lukas Podolski to Toni Kroos (70") Belgium made a few changes to their line up, too. Eden Hazard and Romelu Lukaku were taken out in the 73" and replaced by Christian Benteke and Steven Defour. Timmy Simons (Belgium) was taken out in the 83" by Jelle Vossen.

At the end of the game, Cacau (Germany) was given a yellow card but the score stayed the same. Germany won against Belgium, 0-1.

Latest articles