Football vs. Wrestling

Football vs. Wrestling Although football is a classic American sport, wrestling is still a crowd favorite. Wrestling was once a very big deal. They had action-figures, cards, t-shirts, posters, and so much more! But, as years went by, football became the center of them all.

While in wrestling the idea is to hurt your opponent (kind of), football has a more complicated effect with a ball. Wrestling is a solo sport, for the most part. While in football you play with an entire team. True, in both people can get brutally injured — and in early times die.

In wrestling, you get to wear colorful — and in some cases, sparkly — outfits, all completely different from the other. Whereas football you get two colors per team; everyone wearing basically the exact same thing. In wrestling there’s no protective gear; you just rely on stamina and endurance. However, football has millions of safety gear attached to the players; from shoulder-pads, helmet, knee-pads, cleats, chest-gear, and much, much more.

But, in my personal opinion, I will always be eager to turn on the television to another wrestling match. Of course I would not argue to go to a game of football with my Poppa, either.

I truly hope that like me, though, most Americans find football and wrestling both entertaining sports.

Latest articles