Fernando Torres' Mixed Feelings

About a week and a half ago, Liverpool fans were completely outraged that one of the best players in football ever, Fernando Torres, was leaving behind his legacy to continue on with another football club.

One of the few arch rivals of Liverpool, Chelsea FC, bought Torres for $80 million. The highest amount of money offered for any football player in the English Premiere League. I'm sure Fernando feels real special right about now.

Although he may look like he's having a great time with his new family, his performance on the field is such a contrast to his positive energy during his latest interviews. Is Fernando even enjoying the game anymore? I'm not just talking about the feud, but more of the performance given by the Niño two to three years ago.

Anyone else remember him on the field? He looked like he could fly the way he carried himself. Torres looked like he could do anything whenever he stepped foot onto Anfield, or any other stadium for that matter.

I recently came by an article online that showed a picture of a burning Torres jersey. A Liverpool fan's reaction to the transfer news. Perhaps the upset fans have taken a toll on Fernando. I wonder if he even knows what is going on with some of these Liverpool supporters.

Injury to his knee and groin could have taken his joy a while back, since it's been a long time that I've seen a game he really loved to play in. Well, there was a game where he scored the only two goals against Chelsea at the end of 2010. He looked happy...really happy.

It's a mystery to me why Fernando Torres decided to let Liverpool go. Especially for Chelsea FC. But who could turn down $80 mil? He did claim that by being with Chelsea, it would be a step forward in his career as a footballer. Which is understandable, as Chelsea is a very determined club. They rank 4th on the table, while Liverpool moves to 6th.

Daniel Agger of Liverpool gave Fernando a dirty shove today while they were both lurking towards the soccer ball. Hard feelings from Agger? It's apparent that some of the players are not liking Torres' new team, but who could blame them? Friendships may never be the same with Torres. Fernando still respects his teammates and claims he maintains good relationships with his fellow amigos.

Just after Raul Miereles of Liverpool scored the only goal against Chelsea, Fernando kept on a fabulous poker face. I'm wondering if inside, that tiny spark left in him was cheering on for Liverpool.

Will the 26 year old burn out soon or keep the juice pumping for another five and a half years? Only time can tell with Number 9, who will always keep us on our toes.

Latest articles