The Miracle of Swindon Town

The Swindon Town Swoodilypoopers are back for their fourth season, and this time they're bringing in some new faces.

The end of last season saw the boys in bad shape as the majority of the team, with both the ongoing Barclay's Premier League and the F.A. cup, the players were gradually getting more and more exhausted. This, however, did not stop them from winning the cup for the second season in a row.

This season brings a surge of new energy along with several new players for the squad, the fan favourite being 'Twice as Weiss', an Austrian player who is currently the youngest member of the Swoodilypoopers. Other new plays include D. Fox, L. Pettiari, and Wellinton. But many of the familiar faces remain, such as both of the John Greens, 'One Size' Fitz Hall and Beef Stock.

The team has played five games so far in the season, the first of which was against Queen Parks Rangers. Despite the brave attempts by Merrick Maric and the John Greens, the game ended in a nil-nil draw, a score which dogged at the team for a lot of the latter half of last season (and a trend that seems to be continuing into this one).

After drawing again in their match against Newcastle United, Other John Green made a brilliant goal in the game against Colchester. After receiving a cross from his husband Bald John Green, OJG managed to put the ball into the corner of the net in the ninetieth minute, scoring the first (and so far only) goal of the season. The two other games played were against Manchester City and Liverpool, both of which ended in a nil-nil draw.

But despite the lack of scoring on behalf of the Swoodilypoopers, Ricardo 'Bunsen' Berna has yet to give up a goal in a single game so far, meaning that things are still looking hopeful for the team. So as we wait for another match, the fans will continue to sing the Nil-Nil Draw song.

Latest articles