NHL Lockout Update: Bruins Players Signing Overseas

Five Boston Bruins players are already going overseas. The most recent of those is Tyler Seguin, who is rumored to have signed in a Swiss League (NLA) with EHC Biel. Time overseas for the sharp-shooting young gun could prove to be a skill-developing experience. While the competition level doesn't exactly match that of the National Hockey League's, the NLA is said to be "the top tier of the Swiss hockey league system."

Another recent (and confirmed) signing for the B's is 33 year-old blueliner Andrew Ference, who will be lacing up his skates with the HC Ceske Budejovice in the Czech Republic (Czech Extraliga). From 2004-2005, Ference played 19 games for the Ceske Budejovice where he tallied 5 goals and 6 assists for 11 points.

Like Ference, center David Krejci will be taking his talents to his home country where he will sign with HC Pardubice. He expects to leave this weekend.

Bruins backup goaltender Anton Khudobin has already signed with the KHL, a Russian league where he will play for Atlant Moscow Oblast.

Joining those four is another veteran defenseman, Dennis Seidenberg. Seidenberg reportedly wants to "wait it out for a week or two" before packing his bags for Germany. There, he will likely sign in the DEL (Deutsche Eishockey Liga) with Adler Mannheim where he will play alongside his younger brother Yannic.

Latest articles