Baseball Attendance Record Broken

Baseball Attendance Record Broken The Los Angeles Dodgers and the Boston Red Sox have a very devoted following of fans, that's no secret. But their record turn out to watch the two teams play an exhibition game was a nice surprise for both teams. Over 100,000 thousand fans were in attendance, cheering on their favorite team for all nine innings.

The total reported turn out was 115, 300 people, which now holds the record for the largest amount of people to ever attend a baseball game. The previous record was set during an exhibition game in 1956 during the Melbourne Olympics. The American Services team and the Australian National team drew a crowd of roughly 114,000 spectators.

The Red Sox won the game on March 29, 2008 with a score of 7-4, beating the Dodgers by only three points. Fans were in for quite an action packed game, with Kevin Cash and Kevin Youkilis hitting multiple home runs, exciting both their fans and opponents.

The game was played in the Los Angeles Coliseum, which was not intended to be used for baseball. The Coliseum was designed for football and track events, however the Dodgers had a reason for choosing this as their stadium for this particular game. The Dodgers were celebrating the 50th anniversary of their team's move from Brooklyn to Los Angeles in the year of 1958. The Dodgers played at the Coliseum for a total of four years before they obtained their own baseball stadium. The last baseball game played at the Coliseum was on September 20, 1961, with the Dodgers defeating the Chicago Cubs in a 3-2 victory. The crowd then however, consisted of only little more than 12,000.

Latest articles