UK Sat's Results Delayed

UK Sat's Results Delayed As most other year nine students, today I walked into school expecting to be receiving my Sat's results. But we didn't yet know that we weren't going to get them for a long time. The company that usually does the marking on Sat's had a problem with their computer. Meaning that most year 6 and year 9's papers haven't yet been marked.

This makes things harder for the upper schools that both sets of years will be attending in the next school year. They rely on those very results to sort the students into classes for each of their subjects. But with a delay, which could mean that both student and teacher won't receive their results until the last week of the summer holidays.

Most students should receive their results on the 18th July, but in a statement made by the NNA apologizing for the delay, they state:

"Marking of KS3 results will not be complete by then, but available KS3 results will be released by the end of that week. This will enable as many schools as possible to have results before the end of term.The main causes of this delay are the lateness in the completion of the marking process and a series of technical issues. This is a serious failure by ETS Europe for which we apologize to schools, pupils and parents.We understand that this delay will inconvenience many schools, and we share their frustration and disappointment".

They then went on to say that they would "Take every measure at there disposal" to ensure that all results are delivered as soon as possible. Until then all the anxious students will have to wait and see.

Latest articles