Car Bombings Shake Algeria

Car Bombings Shake Algeria Citizens of Algeria are afraid. A series of car and suicide bombings have been targeting civilian and military targets. The bombings have killed dozens of people and injured dozens more. This recent series of bombings has the people of Algeria asking questions. Like, who is behind these attacks.

Two of the bombings, the two car bombings took place in the city of Bouria in Algeria on Tuesday. The two car bombings killed a total of eleven people and injured several more. They both took place at roughly six am local time.

The first bombing was in the Bouria's Regional Military Command Center. A car was driven into the complex then the driver(s) left. The explosion destroyed the front facade of the military barracks and damaged several other nearby buildings. Four soldiers that was nearby were also injured by the blast.

The second car bombing took place a few minutes later in front of a hotel in Bouria. The car had been parked in front of a busy hotel. The explosion from the car bomb killed eleven people in the immediate area and injured twenty-seven more people.

These bombings took place only a day after a nearby suicide bombing attack. On Wenesday forty-five kilometers north of Bouria a suicide bomber drove a car packed with explosives into a crowd of civilians. The suicide bombing attack killed forty-three people and injured another forty-five.

No group has taken responsibility for the recent bombings attacks in Bouria. In is suspected that al-Qaida may be involved in the bombing attacks. Although nothing is known for sure so far.

Latest articles