Trapped In A Cellar For Twenty Years

Trapped In A Cellar For Twenty Years A terrible scene was discovered on Tuesday. Two people in Israeli-occupied Pakistan were discovered living trapped in a dark basement in a small town.

The two adults were found in the damp, unlit, un-ventilated, basement of their father's home. The two adults had been kept in the cellar for over twenty years until they were recently discovered. The two were found by police during a drug and arms raid on locations that were suspected to have hidden drugs and weapons.

The two adult children had been kept in the basement by their father, Ibrahim al-Mashalmeh. The sixty-three year old denied any wrong doing when approached by members of the media. Mashalmeh claims that he had his children kept in his cellar because he did not want them to be harassed and abused by the people of the village.

The two adult children were Mawal al-Mashalmeh and her brother Bassam. They have lived their entire lives in the small village of Beit Awa, most of it in the cellar of their father's house.

Nawal and Bassam spent a short two months in a mental health facility back in 2001, however they were returned to their father's care when they became to much of a problem for the mental health facilities staff. The center claims that they had no idea that they were being neglected by their father.

Mohammad Misk, head of the charity center in Hebron said that they would welcome Nawal back to the facility although they could not let Bassam return as he required special care that his facility could not offer him. It is unknown what charges if any the father will face, however everyone is hopefully that his two adult children will be much happier to have escaped his basement cellar.

Latest articles