Prevention Of Illegal Downloaders

Prevention Of Illegal Downloaders On account of that many people have iPods and MP3 players, brings up a fairly new, but serious problem - illegal downloading. Many people don't know why it is illegal though.

The fact that it is considered stealing is the fact that when you download this program, you must agree to Terms and Conditions stating that you will not steal from the program. The fact that you are going against contract is why it is illegal. So many people do it, and because so many people do it, other people think it's OK because they don't think it's going to be them that gets caught.

Although this is illegal, nothing much has been done to fix the problem.Even though it isn't as big of a thing as the war or the illegal immigration, it still has meaning to it. Everyone complains about bands selling out, or getting to mainstream. But, when you download illegally, they don't get the money they deserve, and are forced to take whatever money they can get. Music is their job.

People have abused their privilege and responsibility as fans by downloading illegally. When I want music by a band, I go buy the CD. That way they get the money. The people that create these Free music downloading services, don't seem to think about the consequences of the downloading process. Even though some do take the time to find a way to prevent it, an everyday teenager knows more about hacking and scamming on a computer than before.

We were raised to know this stuff, and they don't seem too understand that downloading is second nature. Although, I don't blame the companies as much as I do the downloaders. They know what they are doing is illegal, and they know that it's wrong. Yet, they continue to steal from the bands they are "real fans" too. These artists work hard, and spend time making good music for the people they love, and for the love of what they do. And illegal downloaders take advantage of their hard work.

I'm pleased to hear that there are groups forming that are against it and are putting out petitions to ban it. I don't think that getting rid of it is as necessary as making it harder or even impossible to scam. If hackers know they will fail in the attempt or will get fined for stealing, and will stop and be responsible and pay for what they download.

Music stores like FYE, will also start crumbling because of the lack of interest in CD purchases. A lot of people and businesses are going to be destroyed because of the new and illegal craze. Some programs are legal, yes, but people are not understanding that when it leaves a computer without being payed for it when it becomes illegal.

Bands may not get as much money as they do for other things through the actual music, but it's their job to work hard and publish it to us. They get hired to make music, if they aren't going to get paid for it, they might stop working as hard, because if they aren't getting money for the lyrics and music they create. So, if bands start selling out, or they start getting less creative, it's not that they are lazy, but it's the fact that they don't any point in trying as hard.

Look, I'm not saying that banning the programs is necessary, especially iTunes, but I think there should be less ways to illegally download it. That way, you can get the music you want, and the artists can get the money to deserve.

It's only fair.

Latest articles