Muck-Up Day Antics Lead to Mass Suspension

Muck-Up Day Antics Lead to Mass Suspension Xavier College, an all male school set in the Melbourne suburb of Kew, yesterday suspended their entire Year 12 class after ‘Muck-Up Day’ pranks went sour.

The mass suspension occurred just after lunch, when a violent version of rugby, known as ‘jock ball’, resulted in serious injuries to a 17-year-old student in attendance at the college. The student was rushed to hospital by ambulance, with later reports confirming he had a broken leg.

This student was also the victim of a now famous bullying incident, where he was forced into a wheelie bin and pushed around by a group of students. The incident was filmed and placed on YouTube last year.

Other reports from the school and residents of the surrounding area include students running through school assembly dressed only in g-strings made from their school ties, heavily drunk boys urinating on private properties and fireworks being set off at a train station by students still dressed in their Xavier uniforms. One witness reported young men jumping on her car wearing Xavier socks – police later estimated the damage to the car at about $5000 AUD.

One witness compared the students to the mob in Lord of the Flies, saying they were angry, aggressive and noisy.

The suspension comes only three days before the Year 12 students would have finished school, with final exams beginning in less than ten days. Students who returned to school this morning to collect their books were refused entry, with security and police warning that if they attempted to gain entry to the property they may face charges. Xavier stated that students could ask their teachers any pre-exam questions via e-mail. The pre-exam study week will also continue as per normal.

Xavier College's press release states "Year 12 students were given clear direction regarding the need to conclude the school year in a positive and effective way and were advised of the likely consequences if they contravened the boundaries of sensible behaviour."

Police are now considering charging individuals for property damage and other crimes.

For many students, the suspension is a very bad end to their high school career.

Latest articles