Boy, 16, Dies of Fatal Head Injuries After Halloween Party Brawl

Boy, 16, Dies of Fatal Head Injuries After Halloween Party Brawl Justin Galligan had been on life support since Saturday when his parents we unable to wake him the morning after the party.

The invite only party was gatecrashed late Friday, night resulting in a fight in car park near the North Balwyn home. It is understood that Justin Galligan was king hit and fell, knocking his head on the ground, receiving fatal head injuries. He was unconscious but regained consciousness went back to the party where it is believed that he may have consumed alcohol. Galligan was driven to his home in Fairfield by a friend and later went to bed.

The next morning he was rushed to the Royal Melbourne Hospital when his parents were unable to wake him and immediately put on life support. He died around 4:30pm on Sunday.

Galligan attended Kew High School and was an impressive junior footballer. He was described by friends and family as “a beautiful boy who lived his 16 years to the full”

The party was attended by other teenagers from Kew High School and other exclusive inner eastern Melbourne schools. The party was patrolled by parents who told police that no gatecrashers entered the main party area.

The death was a shock to neighbours of the North Balwyn residence who told reporters that although the party was a little loud, all music was off by one in the morning and the street was completely silence. “It makes me very, very upset because I really do believe that they were being quite responsible”

Forensics are currently combing the area in and around the North Balwyn home in search for clues about Mr. Galligan's death.

The police have spoken with some guests and believe to have identified the gatecrashers. Police are appealing to any on the attendees on the 50+ guest list to come forward with any information.

No arrests have been made.

Anyone with information should contact police or call crime stoppers.

Latest articles