The Teacher Touched Me Miss.

The Teacher Touched Me Miss. Amanda Louise Thompson has received one count of having an unlawful lesbian affair with a former student, whom cannot be identified due to confidentiality laws. The Brisbane District Court took only just five hours to deliver this accusation towards Thompson, from firm testimonies made by witnesses.

According to Prosecutor Todd Fuller, Thompson took a “particular interest” in the former student when she was 14 years old, due to the discovery of the student’s eating disorder. The former principal of the student states that Thompson “was never assigned a counseling role at the school,” at the time. Regardless, Thompson still pursued a seduction of the vulnerable student, by taking the student under her wing; soon the pair became friends. The relationship soon “spun out of control” over the span of three years, and ended sourly when the girl got started seeing a boy around her 16th birthday.

The court was told that the pair engaged in regular sexual activities, which included the young student being penetrated by items such as a lollipop and a necklace. Often the mother of the former student observed them “cuddling,” while a friend of the former student claimed that “Amanda [had been] rubbing her (the student) jumper,” and “she kept leaning in close as if to kiss her,” at a local fireworks display. Other friends of the former student testified that “weird” behaviour occurred between the two at local parks, and on an excursion to the Royal Queensland Show.

Thompson’s defence barrister, Mark Johnson, debated that the former student’s evidence was founded on “pure fantasy.” The jury was not convinced.

Thompson was charged guilty of one count of having an unlawful relationship with a minor between April 2003 and 2005. Thompson still denies all claims held against her.

Currently Thompson remains in custody and will be sentenced at a later date, “after undergo psychological and psychiatric assessments.” The maximum penalty for Thompson’s crime carries a sentence of life imprisonment.

Latest articles