The Afterlife: what is it?

The Afterlife: what is it? What happens to us after we die? Everybody is afraid of death, but that's not what scares me. It's time, and not having enough of it. I know many readers will give me lots of crap for this because they're atheist and don't believe there is anything after this life is over. I cannot believe that.

God created each and every one of us for a reason. We are His children and are all created equal. That's what Abraham Lincoln stated in the Gettysburg Address. Also, "one nation, under God." I'm fairly certain many atheists see Lincoln as a respectable man. People sometimes ask, if God forgives everybody, then why are there people in hell? It's a good question, but God forgives those who ask to be forgiven.

I think there are a very select few people in hell; mere hundreds. You know, Hitler's probably there, along with some serious rapist, serial killers, or otherwise terrorists. It's not somewhere that all sinners end up.

Purgatory is supposedly a place of cleansing. If one has immortal sin with them at the time of their death, they will be sent to Church Suffering. I'm not sure how much I believe in Purgatory. Sure, I'm a Catholic, but really, you end up in Heaven of Hell. Why should there be an in-between. It's like the medium of the afterlife.

And Heave: eternal peace, happiness, and glory. Immortality with the Holy Trinity. Many people only believe because it's a nice idea. But I have Faith. Faith that there is something supernatural out there other than just non-existence.

We were put in this Earth for a reason, which is to determine where we end up forever. The end of time is supposed to be when Jesus returns to Earth with His body and all those on Earth die and are sent to Heaven. It's also supposedly the time when all souls in Purgatory are finally able to enter Heaven, if they haven't entered the kingdom already.

Our live right now aren't the only things. We wouldn't be here in the first place if it weren't for God. The Bible is proof of that. It's illegal to sell something, namely the Word of God, all over the world if it weren't true like it's advertised to be. The apostles themselves wrote that when Jesus was alive and have passed it down by Sacred Tradition.

I believe that God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are each with us at the time of our death. It's not a load of bull, either. It was almost my time, once.

When I was born, the doctors were afraid I wasn't going to make it. I was baptized by a nun in the hospital. At first, nothing happened. Then, a priest came to visit me. My dad wasn't allowed to see me, so he called our pastor. After the doctors reluctantly let him in, he blessed me and said a prayer over my new-born, fragile, little body.

I live today to tell the tale. Is that not enough living proof of a miracle? It wasn't my time to enter through the gates of Heaven. I believe God saved me so that I could live on and preach His word to others.

Here I sit, preaching about the after-life. Jesus is in our hearts everyday until we die and can live in peace with him eternally. The Kingdom of Heaven shall have no end.

Latest articles